Schwenke not yet on Titans’ radar

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hunter played last week.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Keep telling people he's not ready.

But since he has a cool name, everyone is all about tossing him in.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This forum isnt made up of 1000 xpmar9x 's

try again

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Hunter went out for one play...

... Time out called.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd just have to disagree there. Velasco seemed to be more solid as a starter, and didn't hurt us with stupid penalties. Turner is a great backup to fill in briefly for an injured starter, but he's a very low end starter. At least Velasco was closer to the middle of the pack.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I say it's Shmankman time.
    doug.jpg

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This probably all centers around a fact that we all speculate on from time to time. We have a scrub coaching staff that cannot develop talent.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hope we didn't make a mistake letting Velasco go. Schwenke will be good but he's not ready

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You guys remember Schwenke was hurt quite a bit during camp, right? Why would the coaching staff toss a rookie to play beside another rookie against two of the tougher defenses in the NFL?

Turner has to get better but he's probably much better than Schwenke just based on experience. If Turner continues to struggle, Schwenke might get a shot after the bye.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I really get the feeling we made a mistake letting Fernando go. I know he would have eventually lost his job to Schwenke but I honestly think he's better than Turner. I think what makes Velasco look bad/scrubby is that he's not a very powerful guy or a great athlete so at best he stalemates the man he is blocking. However his technique allows for him to at least keep his man from making the play most of the time. I don't trust Turner but I hope i'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar