Schwartz to interview with Lions, Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our D sucked against the Steelers? :ha:

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I can't wait for the day that Schwartz isn't part of the Titans organization.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

374 yards allowed say it could definatly have been better, especially considering Rothersdfsdfjger treated the football like it had the AIDS on it

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. First of all, the defense was the key to forcing those turnovers. You can't blame him for giving up yardage and yet not give him credit for all the turnovers. He's the DC whos defense gave up just 14 points and finished the first 16 games with the NFL's least scored upon defense...

Secondly, we were also missing our 2 best DLinemen in that game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Apparently, Denver is quite interested....Rocky Mountain News:

"While Bowlen said he had made no contact with any candidates, it is likely the Broncos initially will lean toward a defensive coach such as Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz as they begin their search process.

Schwartz and Bates have known each other for some time, and the two were co-workers when Bates took his first NFL job as a Titans assistant coach.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher repeatedly has said he believes Schwartz is ready to be a head coach."

Read the whole article here:
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/31/bowlens-job-description-for-shanahan-successor/

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea our defense really sucks under him. :rolleyes:

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I agree, I mean, what does Gregg Williams bring to the table that Schwartz doesn't? Let me remind everyone that Jacksonville's defense SUCKS. We beat the hell out of them twice this year.

8. Williams has been fired 2 years in a row now

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

was he fired from washington or did he leave? i know he was a candidate for the HC job, but when he didn't get it i don't think he wanted to stay there.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with Starkiller that the D forced the errors. No doubt about it. I hope too see more of the big play D. where was it against Houston. TWO 16 play drives allowed. That is not big play D that is passive D.

I only point out the nearly 800 yards the D allowed to show that points allowed in not the end all be all. Allowing the opposing O to control the TOP and continually flip the field puts enormous pressure on the Titan O. kfc has handled it well though this season. Still would rather have some 3 and outs to put the pressure on the other teams O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar