schwartz must go: the 2007 edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he played the same crap that lost us the game last week, except this time around we had enough time go get a score.

[​IMG]

2. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

The offense almost lost this game.....did we ever throw a pass into the endzone ? I have been a Schwartz basher in the past...but truth is....his defense has carried this team...they are the only reason we are 4-2

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Defense gave up 29 points in the 4th Quarter for crying out loud. Pathetic. You cannot just point back to the first 3 quarters and brag how well they played...this team had no clue how to close out an opponent.

4. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

The coach does not have the killer instinct...so neither does the team...I admit the D was horrible in the 4th...but 8 freaking fieldgoals from the offense ? Thats pathetic....Our D gave the offense tons of scoring oppurtunities and the O pussed out.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yet we were up by 32-7 at the start of the 4th quarter, how can you not blame Schwartz for giving up 29 points (4 TD's) in 1 quarter of play???

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

BigTitan, you missed it on this one. 34 yards rushing by Houston??? Maybe if the O could have converted in the redzone we could have won. Oh, and don't forget KFC fumbling giving up a score.

Schwartz has done a great job this year. If you can't see it, you are blind.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Titans lead in the 4th, it opens up the choke combo;
    Fisher closes down the offense with his conservative play,
    and Schwartz shuts down the defense with his laying back and kill the intensity they play with all game.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Look, I'm no football genius...but watching after 32-22 I saw that we were obviously about to stand back and give the game away....as we've done several times before. Why do we always abandon a working scheme?

There are many who don't even know we won the game....the Halftime Show pre-empted the finish, and it's assumed thatwe lost because we obviously laid down.

On the upside, good on Bironas, and I saw Harper actually NOT blow assignments early in the third quarter.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure if I saw this coorectly ... but I imagine that we gave up the blitz / rush early in the 4th

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'll admit I was quite disappointed with the defensive playcalling in the fourth. Why in the hell do so many coaches go to prevent when they are up??? Maybe he'll learn. Nonetheless, this defense has carried this team this season, and overall, Schwartz is doing a good job. I don't see what has warranted this thread. If anything, we should have this thread for Chow. Though he calls a much different game with Collins than Young, he still doesn't utilize the screen. He used it in preseason with great success. And it's not only the screen. It feels like we have half an offense because there are only like six or seven plays that we use every game. Come on Chow, open the playbook. I hope beyond hope we can find another Heimerdinger next offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar