Schwartz Given Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't know how they could do that. Maybe name Williams Assistant Head Coach defense and have Schwartz report to him?

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I definitely don't understand how signing Schwartz AND bringing in Williams is practical.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Some work is better than no work for Williams. If nobody picks him up as HC or DC, I bet he winds up here.

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two more years of soft prevent defense with a lead of 3 or more.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why the f*** would we extend this piece of garbage??? Why even bring Williams in if Jim Schwartz is still running/ruining the defense?
    Our FO is as dumb as they come. Schwartz is that guy that everyone knows. He sucks at his job, and somehow not only keeps it, but is praised and constantly getting pats on the back while all the co-workers below him or with him cover his arse.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I know it's the popular thing to bash defensive co-ordinators, but how do you measure the success of his job. I would have thought having a top-5 defense would rank as at least moderately successful.

Do you realise that Philadelphia fans by and large dislike Jim Johnson (their DC). He has a reputation for being THE most aggressive defensive co-ordinator in the league, but is still bashed by his fans because his defense gives up big plays.

Our defense averaged conceding 18.5 ppg. The average points scored by playoff teams was approx 25.5 ppg. Ours was 18.8 - lowest amongst playoff teams.

If Schwartz left, what makes you think our defense would miraculously improve?

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

A few more stats to indicate the job our defense did (coaches and players).

Regular criticism of Schwartz - we play soft defense too much and give up first downs.

Fact - On passing plays, only 29% of opposing teams passes went for 1st downs. Good for 2nd in the league (behind Washington's 28.9%). The league average was 34.2%.

Fact - Opposing QB passer rating against us was 74.5 (good for 4th in the league). The league average was 82.7.

Fact - Even with our horror stretch without Haynesworth, we allowed just 92.4 rushing yards per game (good for 5th in the league).

9. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Wow! :duckrun:

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Carpy, haven't you heard it's all the players doing it, Schwartz had nothin' to do with it. :sarcasm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar