Schobel Getting Chance to Fill Void at DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With DEs Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy both out with injuries, Bo Schobel has moved up the depth chart and now had the best opportunity in his NFL career to get noticed. He played only six games as a rookie after breaking his foot in mini-camp and then found himself backing up Kyle Vanden Bosch who played too well to bring off the field. Schobel has had to make the switch to the right which means some adjustments from the left side. "I think it’s good," Coach Jim Washburn said of Schobel’s opportunity. "I’m glad we’ve got a guy who’s got some experience. To our way of thinking, he’s an experienced guy. Some teams just have guys with inexperience. But this is good for him to get to take this opportunity. Getting in a left-handed stance is harder for him. It’s just different. He’s a smart guy. He had a couple of nice plays the other night, and he’s got some things he needs to work on."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Good luck with that. He will be cut next week.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He will not be cut..

How silly he was not cut last year why now? What new stud has entered the DE picture that is going to squeeze him out?

Give schobel the same number of snaps as odom had last year and his numbers would be better. He had one sack and hardly played at all. Odom with 10X the number of snaps had 2 sacks. Maybe he can shake things up at that position.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

What is the status on Odom? All I saw was him being carted off. Was away this weekend. I only caught parts of the game.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So who exactly is going to be taking his spot? Odom could be lost for the year or a significant part of it. Unless we find some stray DEs wandering the streets he might be the best we have right now and LaBoy doesn't exactly stay healthy all year either.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If Odom is even expected to miss one regular season game no way we cut anyone on our line. I would expect a FA signing for depth at this point with two guys out for extended periods.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I was just venting my frustration.

The D line is my biggest concern after the Bronco's game & we have no depth any where across it. Out of what we have at DE he's at the bottom of the pecking order & I don't think he's good enough to make a difference.

Two waiver wire pickup's & he could get bumped

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I remember a lot of positive talk about Schobel last year. What happened to all of that?

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Schobel gets playing time by default. plain and simple.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Schobel didn't play any worse than anyone else in that game. KVB only had one tackle in the time he played and basically looked like a shell of the guy we saw last year. We do need to check the waiver wire later and I'm sure Reese is looking at tape and making phone calls to get a read on who is going to be available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar