Scheduling Poll?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

do you like the layout or scheduling of preseason? what i mean is how they have games on like thurs., frid, sat, sun. and mon.? If your a fan of football in general i think its great cause there is always a game on? Obviously its not the titans but its a game. anyways i just wanted to see what you guys thought?

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It works for preseason but regular season it would have issues. Imagine a Monday game with a Thursday turn around. That would give the team only 2 days to prep. That would lead to some pretty weak games.

3. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

ya your right, ya know i didnt think of it that way. i mean im sure for the most part that would be avoidable but it could happen

4. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

They have computer programs they use to run through scheduling scenarios when figuring out the regular season schedule so "worst case scenario" stuff like this doesn't happen very easily.

But for years now, they have scheduled occasional Thursday games (Thanksgiving) after Sunday games. Whether or not there are more complaints now that they are adding more Thursday games in Nov/Dec, we're about to find out. Haven't gone through the list to figure out if they really screwed anybody, or if someone has the potential to be screwed by a combination of flexible scheduling on Sunday and the addition of Thursday games. (E.g., if a team involved in the game that gets bumped to the Sunday night start time could end up playing Thursday as well. Especially if one of those is a road game.)

On the plus side, the teams involved on Thursdays always have a couple of extra days to prepare for the next game.

5. Vin-Sanity!

Vin-Sanity! Guest

Hey if anyone is interested in taping the games this year, i'd be more than happy to buy them from you (e.g. eBay or privately). Where I live, I don't get the games. Yes, I know. It's illegal. So you have to say you're selling Titans socks or neck ties or something.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My problem with the thursday games may be a result of a misunderstanding, so I hope someone can clear this up for me.

The last few years, they've added in saturday games the last few weeks. Those games have been on fox and cbs. This year, several of the thursday games will be on the NFL network. Unless they're your local team, you don't get to watch those games if you don't get the network. That's my problem, if the NFL network gets more and more games, it hurts the people who don't get it.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If people aren't watching the ratings will show it. I don't have the NFL Network and don't even know if it is offered in Nashville. It may be I just haven't looked.
    If the ratings drop the games will be moved back to their regular days

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

NFL Network is just trying to increase subscriptions. I'd say it will be a one or two year experiment to see if it works. If enough people get pissed that they can't watch the games, they'll demand their local cable companies carry the network. Just like Ewker says, though, if the ratings are poor and subscriptions aren't increased markedly, things will change I bet.

I had to upgrade to the digital cable package in order to get it. I don't watch a lot of tv. My four year old does most of that, but when I do get a few minutes to watch something, I usually turn it on to the NFL Network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar