Scary off-season of Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I have given this off-season a lot of thought. We have a bunch of guys up for new contracts. This could be painful to watch. After watching them blow a game like this, who cares! We suck. Now we need to un-suck by bringing in players that want to win.
    Here are a couple other thoughts;
    1. When your #1 WR is limping in game 10, THINK about bringing in another WR at game 11.
    2. When your #1 WR wouldn't make #3 WR in Cleveland, start talking to other WRs.
    3. When your backup QB brings more life into your game than the #1 QB, switch them.
    4. With a minute left in the game, yours to win, RUN the ball and use up all your time so you have nothing left at the goal line.
    5. A 3rd year pro TE that hasn't come around yet, probably won't.
    6. When a DE catches your speedy RB, he has lost more than a step.

Nope. I'm not worried about this off season at all!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Lay off Nate, he's the only one giving everything he's got right now. He's also having the best season of his career with defenses focusing all of the coverage on him.

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Nate is fantastic. He was the most consistent Titan receiver last year, he really stepped up his production when it was needed, and he has shown that he is tough as nails and will give everything he has...

...and that doesn't account for how he has helped Hawk (who did great yesterday, btw) and DWill.

4. amy

amy Starter

If ever there has been cause to whine, yesterday's atrocity is it. :D

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

1. This is very true. Nate has been great this year but he is clearly not 100% healthy and the guys behind him are still suspect. Thinking we can just get by with our unproven guys behind Nate is plain stupid. Especially when we were still very much alive in the playoff hunt. Typical coach fisher thinking.

3. Another typical coach fisher move. I always thought that we would we play Hasselbeck until Jake is ready and he was ready after the ATL game. Going with Hasselbeck made me lose all confidence in munchak.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nate Washington is THE bright spot on this team, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so where are the free agents?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You don't build championship teams through free agency. We have a great core of young drafted players, and I'm very excited to see what an NFL offseason program can do for them.

I'd add maybe 1-2 players via free agency. Remember, free agents have to forget what they know, and relearn most everything, just look at Hasselbeck for example.

It's also going to be a hard year to bid for these free agents. The CBA will now force the Tampa's and other cheap teams to spend money.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yet there will be a ton of guys out there.

Way more 1 year rentals this season because of the constricted FA period.

I think we agree FA should be about depth and attidude. Titans proably not going too get a top tier UFA, but should be able too get the Babineauxes and such. lets just hope the next draft class is as productive as this one when given their chances

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There wont be a lot of options for us in areas of need. We know we're going to need a SS, maybe even a FS if Griffin is let go. The draft has a bunch of okay safeties, but none IMO better than what we have now.

We may be in need of 2 guards and a center, that's the toughest to fill because we'd only be returning 2 Tackles, and the middle would be all new guys.

I say we move Amano back to guard, forget that he wants to be a center, he's just not talented enough for that job. Draft the center out of Wisconsin, and figure out what Harris is really worth. That sorta takes care of the O-Line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar