Scaife tender will cost Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jeff Fisher's anus is a ventriloquist.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Uh......... what?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The saints were 8-8 in 2008 just like we were 8-8 in 2009.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bo Scaife. Man that's an awesome name. Bo Scaife!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It is amazing to me how a basic logical point is so threatening to so many posters.

We have 2 young TEs that are unproven to say the least so why not take the one proven guy we have had for several years and tender him? It's only one year. And that is what they have done.

We have the cap room it's not an insane amount of money. We don't have to tender him as a franchise player we can do it as a RFA which saves us 300K and still leaves us the franchise option on another player though i don't see us using it.

Makes perfect sense to me but common sense is going to be challenged by many here at gotitans.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Did the Saints go 13-3 in 2007? I didn't know that...

And if 2007 hadn't been just his 2nd year as HC, he very well could have been fired after going 10-6 the previous year.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you talking about? A poster said that Fisher deserved to be fired after an 8-8 season. Payton had an 8-8 year after a 7-9 year.

Fisher had an 8-8 year after going 10-6 and 13-3.

Not sure if you agree with me or not. Which is it?

8. Deuce Wayne

And the Saints were 7-9 in 2007...

meaning they improved. We were 13-3.

Great comparison there buddy! You really thought that one through.

And Payton had just been hired, taking over a terrible team. Fisher has been here for how long?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

Bo can hold his own in blocking, and he has devoloped into a very solid all rounded TE. You all can play dumb if you want to, but had he had a reliable QB throwing to him and Jeff wasn't so old school and only wanting to run the ball...he would be a premire TE. So down play him all you want he is worth the money. :moon2:

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Is that you Bo Scaife?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar