Scaife Skipping Workouts with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I actually lol'd at this one

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Still, voluntary or not, this guy should be grateful for getting the tag. I don't like this.

This news does not excite me Bo Scaife. KVB is a beast and he's been here early every day, you should not feel so special that you don't have to be here.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think people bash Scaife too much. He's young, constantly improving, and has done well with both our QBs.

Also voluntary workouts are STUPID. I'm sick of them. I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't be showing up at "voluntary workouts".

I just hate the concept I guess.... yeah they are voluntary, but if you don't show up expect constant ridicule.

I'd like the whole voluntary workout thing to go away.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"I'm going to skip all voluntary workouts and hold out if I don't get a new contract"

That's not cool... be greatful for the franchise tag, shut up and play, and perform up to expectations... and then you talk about a new contract next season. That's what the franchise tag is for.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Wonder if Denver would be interested? :)

6. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Fans should grow up and realize this is a business for BOTH sides. Scaife is doing what our last tagee, Haynesworth, did, work out on his own in hope of creating pressure for a real contract. Bo played on a low rent rookie contract, then a one year minimal tender and now the Titans continue to refuse to offer an acceptable long term deal. He's exercising the only leverage he has. Why should he accept working on a series of one year deals? He has skills and he's marketable and he's worked hard to get there. Why should he go into year 6 with no security for his future? Would you if you were in his spot?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

should've just traded him for lito. eagles wanted him and we needed/need another corner opposite finnegan.

8. RavensShallBurn

The problem is that he's not a top 8 tight end like the franchise tag would suggest. He shouldn't be acting like this. He is foolish to think he deserves more than $4.46 a year. Just shut up and play... then you can talk about restructuring your contract... But you're getting $4.46 million this year alone and that's plenty. Deal with it.

I agree. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when did he ever say he was worth more than $4.46 mil per year? all he wants is a long term deal. no one is going to give him 4.5 mil per year, not even on the open market.

i'm sure he wants as much as he can get, i would too, but no one other than him, his agent and the titans' front office knows what he wants.

10. RavensShallBurn

Well, if we traded him he would still get $4.46 mil this year. If he wants a new contract then he can talk about it after this year. I don't think we're planning on keeping him after next season. He'll be too expensive. He can deal with it.

I understand him wanting a long term contract, but holding out is immature. I wouldn't mind giving him a long-term contract as long as it's for no more than $3 mil a year... maybe a 5-year, $15 mil contract (around what BJ got) would be suiting... I'm sure he wants more though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar