Scaife: "Locker room divided, VY doesn't feel welcome"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfan77, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I really think it would be poetic justice if the Titans ditched Fisher (and/or Young) and brought in Volek to compete for the starting position.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

3 words 'Brain surgery'

Lets give jeff fisher brain to VY and VY gets Jeff fisher brain in return.

Best idea ever.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What I am saying is that "Billy Volek" was such a malcontent that Fisher had to bad mouth him to the media. I don't care what he did or did not do. Fisher couldn't handle the likes of Billy Volek at QB.

There is something about being the "bigger man" in these situations when players get upset. Now you may not want to fault Fisher for acting as an immature baby to the media about Volek and VY. But I do fault him. A "real man" wouldn't have these problems with players. A "real man" wouldn't contradict himself by firing people on the phone then make comments that real men talk face to face. A "real man" wouldn't say I'm not going to comment about this and then continue to do so.

Hey, I'm just irked about the "real man" comment and all the other fisherspeak double talk over the years that I've complained about ad nauseum.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like him or not there's just no denying that, of the QBs currently on the roster, Young gives us the best chance to win. And the odds are heavily stacked against any rookie coming in and playing better than VY. Sure we can move forward with Collins/Rusty/rookie and probably manage. But even the VY haters have to admit he gives us a much better chance to win on any given Sunday than those other guys. Just look out W-L record with Vince vs. Kerry.

For the record, I do want to draft a QB in the first round. I'm over VY too. But let's not fool ourselves. If he is not on this roster next season then we are most likely going to take a step back in QB production for the immediate future. Unless we go out and get a guy like Kolb or luck out and draft one of those rare rookies who can step right in and play at a high level.

It's a risk I'm willing to take though.

5. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

Yes, none of these people matter but Finnebosch of gotitans has the final say.

Like Bo said, noone knows the whole story but Fisher and Vince. I don't condone VY throwing his pads to the stands, but I'm not so sure that the rest of the situation was unwarranted.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen brother. Fish is definitely throwing his weight around on this whole ordeal. These guys watch TV and read the newspapers just like we all do so they know what's being said and Fish knows how to manipulate things to his benefit. Vince isn't a great speaker or PR guy and this is where Fish has the upper hand because he's gonna spin this thing as much as he can.

I wish that one of the reporters would have asked him "but didn't you fire Norm Chow over the phone, how is that a 'man thing' to do"? His reaction would have been priceless. But you won't ever see the media disrespect the great Jeff Fisher like that because he's such a great coach.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

he had a good reason to be critical of Chow. It took Fisher a while to see it but before he did he got rid of Volek. Nows let hope and pray he gets rid of Young!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Three words huh? (1)Brain &(2) Surgery, where is the third word? LOL, WTF are you smoking costa?

Now let me get this straight... You want to give Vince Fisher's brain, and then Vince get's Fisher's brain again??? Did I get that right?

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

considering we rarely throw the long ball Collins should be able to make the short throw. We know Rusty can throw the ball long so swap them out :grrhee:

You might find some no name coach who will suck up to Young and Bud just to get a chance as a head coach..BFD

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Miss one word.

Think about it how awsome will that be VY could come with jeff fisher's body and be our QB for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar