SC WR Alshon Jeffrey

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Nate was the team's most consistent receiver in 2010 and really stepped up his game last season. If he gets the targets, he will produce. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The fantasy on this board has been for years that if we could just get a stud WR we could have a guy who could put up 1000+ yards like that is automatic or something. I've argued for years even a guy like Justin Gage could be a 1000 yard WR with the right system and QB (he had 750 yards one year). We finally get the right system and a decent (not great) QB and Washington proved it could be done. Washington and Britt with Williams as a 3rd is a darn good trio of WRs. Even Hawkins had almost 50 catches last year and they were smart to sign him for a low deal.

I really believe the team should always look for a value pick at WR in the 3rd round on. Similar to what we did with Williams (another guy who could put up some solid numbers next year if he gets the reps, he had almost 600 yards last year). You always want young WRs in the wings developing because it takes a few years for these guys to become productive. Also, if Britt turns out he can't stay healthy we have guys ready to take over. We should never let our WR corp drop down to the point we did in years past where we went out and signed washed up guys (Givens getting hurt really hurt for a few years). But at the same time we shouldn't use 1st and 2nd round picks at WR unless it is a stud we simply can't pass on. Give Britt another year to see what happens. Draft a guy like McNutt (82 catches, 1300 yards, 12 TDs last year) or Toon this year.
    Joe Adams is an interesting guy who I think could develop into a Desean Jackson type guy and I'd take him in the 3rd round without a second thought. Maybe even the 2nd. He is a little raw in his route running but he has Percy Harvin/Jackson like ability with the ball in his hands.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I wouldn't take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds BPA or not, we just have too many holes to fill. 1st 3 picks should be Oline & Dline or maybe defenisive BPA.

I'm not worried about our WRs really. DW and Hawk looked horrible when KB 1st went down, but what do you expect. DW was only a 2nd year guy with little PT, and Fisher never let Hawk get any reps. They both really seemed to come into there own by the end of the year though. They will never be top tier recievers like Britt could be, but they can be more than solid. And I can't give Nate enough praise. He really stepped up as a leader and a player. No doubt in my mind he can be a 1000+ yard guy again if called upon. There should be a lot more chemisty built up with all the WRs and QBs going into this season as well, which was the main problem at the beginning of last year IMO.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm not worried about WR either

My ideal draft by pos. would be

1st Round: DE
    2nd Round: DT
    3rd Round: C
    4th Round: CB
    5th Round: S (FS or SS)
    6th Round: WR
    7th Round: LB

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kenny hurt his knee just early enough that he could be running routes and catching passes as soon as mid June. The trainers also keep saying he's ahead of schedule, so he could possibly be back in time for light preseason action.

Me personally I wouldn't risk losing him in preseason, but he will need to knock off some rust before he plays in a real game.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

South Carolina Pro Day has Alshon Jeffery timed at 4.38 and 4.47
    Alshon Jeffery hits the scales at a trim 213, runs 4.38 w/ a 36.5 vert to boot

Looks like Alshon got back in shape.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I don't trust this guy and his weight, I can see weight being a problem throughout his career. Guy doesn't run at the combine so he can drop 20 pounds in like a month to run a faster forty, I don't trust that. I also don't trust the home field forty time either, does anyone see a player that runs mid 4.4's? I sure as hell don't he gets no separation whatsoever. By the way I find it highly coincidental that players always improve their forty's when they are timed on their by their Colleges.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Oh I wasn't saying I wanted to draft him, just sharing facts.

I'm worried as soon as he gets his paycheck, he'll be lazy again.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Don't care what he runs. Watch him play. The guy has cinder blocks tied to his feet.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Weight clause in his contract? I imagine he'll get one when he gets drafted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar