Say it aint so Joe!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoT, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hate retirement homes. Expiration stations is what they should call them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sad joints no doubt

In Australia they had it right. Could have just been Alice Springs

They had an Old Timers Station ( I think that was the proper name )

essentially is was apartments/condos that had separate entrances and close parking. Everything old folks needed was there. Onsite nurse, could get a haircut, bus came by often, ect...

Did not have to be ancient just old. Tons of widows sold the house and moved there cause all the kids were gone ect. They had age restrictions like 50+ to move there. Some older couples lived there as well. I think there was some government subsidy for the housing but I don't think it was like 100% or nothing.

Lots of them kept their job just moved into a less maintaince more convenient housing for them at that stage of their life.

I know of nothing like this in the US.

Del Webb subdivision is not what I am talking about here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I used to go and visit WW2 Vets for about a year while I was in texas. Always enjoyable hearing war stories and them having someone wanting to talk and listen to them. The B-52 Bomber pilots always have the wildest stories. I need to start visiting nursing homes again... but I'm just a lazy ******* now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is pretty cool eh. Talking to some of those guys. I did that in high school. Go down and "Volunteer" at the vet hospital. All you really needed to do was chill out with them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I used to bring my dog to a RH where the wife's granny was living. The folks loved seeing a bulldog. The places are just heartbreaking though. Many of them look just like a mental ward.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep the way its done in America is just bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar