Say goodbye to the NCAA as you know it.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by nickmsmith, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-power-5--conferences-autonomy-180402467.html

Say hello to the "Power 5" NFL minor league. Including the SEC, Big 10, and 3 other conferences that nobody here cares about.

This is the NCAA's official way of saying that the system is broken.. and there's no way around it.

If they allow the players to be paid 20,000 per year, Texas or insert team here will offer 22,000.. and we're back at square 1.

total dumpster fire.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Thank god.

Long time coming.

3. nickmsmith

IDGAF about college football.. if I were a fan of any team outside of those big 5.. I'd be really mad. They essentially assured that my team will not get any elite players.. ever.

NIU, Boise State, overperformers... screwed.. While crap teams like Indiana, Purdue, Miss State, etc. get to start paying out.

But like I said, I don't care at all about NCAA anything.. so it doesn't offend me. It's just been a screwed up system for a long time. It's dirtier than any and all pro sports.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Sounds like recruiting will be pretty real fair in the future.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least certain players can get "dem new J's" without having to rob any place now. .

It's a win for Sharavious and LaDariuous.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. nickmsmith

Since the NCAA is proving itself to be worthless.. It's about time to start opening the draft up to 18 year olds, and having extended rosters/entry level contracts... so players can develop under the crooked NFL, instead of the even more crooked NCAA.

8. nickmsmith

I think Jameis will still steal Crab legs. He just loves the thrill of the shoplifting. I'm sure his High school coach, and FSU were already paying him.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The NFL does not want to develop players

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It's a plot to keep players there longer than they intend to stay.

No 7th round prospect will need to force themselves to quickly jump to the NFL to support their 9 siblings anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar