Say Fisher IS fired...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

LeBeau is probably the best DC in the NFL. But he's very old and likes where he is. He gave that HC thing a shot and it didn't take (probably because it was Cincy), but I don't get the feeling he wants to go back to trying to be a HC.

Gut

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If I'm thinking realistically, my first choices would be Shanahan, Gruden or a highly regarded coordinator.
    I could also see Greg Williams, possibly even Mike Nolan getting the job. I agree with Gut in that I don't really see Dungy coming back. Seems like he's moved on for good, or at least the foreseeable future. Also agree that Cowher takes the Carolina job so we can probably rule him out as well.
    John Fox? Please god no.
    Martz? Well at least we'd be more exciting to watch but no thanks.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lebeau was fired too quickly to even see what he had up his sleeve. Lebeau is the reason The Stoolers have two rings in the past few - if that's what age brings then bring it on.. Obviously he would have to hire a new staff on the other side of the ball - as would any new coach...

4. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Mike Zimmer, Cincy's DC would be an excellent pick....He won me over after watching Hard Knocks.....He's tough on his players but you can also tell he truly cares for them.

5. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Anyone who said or says Gruden should have a week long ban from this site to think about what they're really asking for.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What can I say? At this point, Fisher is making just about ANYONE else sound appealing. :yes:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who is the guy doing the Eagles defense? The guy who took over Jimmy Johnson?

They've blitzed 52% of the time this season and I even saw some safety blitzes last night.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

My picks would be:

John Gruden: Super Bowl Head Coach, offensive minded

Mike Nolan: very impressed with the way he has turned Denver's D around.

Brian Schottenheimer: very creative, of the up and coming coordinators he is the top.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Zim will be a head coach within a year or two no doubt.

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

what about Jason Garrett? would Jerry let him leave if he fires Wade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar