Training Camp Saturday, July 26

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Howdy strangers, long time no post...

Just got back from the first training camp practice and thought I'd file a quick report.

First off, the crowd was huge. We got there about 9:30 and the parking lot was already full and closed. Probably the biggest crowd I've seen since the days of joint practices with the Colts.

It's always hard to judge running backs in practice with no pads and no tackling, but it looks like Dexter McCluster may be making us say "Chris who?" Like I said, it's hard to judge the upfront play in practice, but when he got to the second level he was practically untouchable, and lightning fast. Basically he looked like the player we wanted CJ to be for the past couple years, making people miss and turning on the after burners.

If anyone is hoping that one of the undrafted receivers will step up and make the team, keep dreaming. None of them looked impressive at all. The only receiver who wasnt on the team last year who looked good was Derek Hagan. Marc Mariani had a couple of nice grabs. The odds are stacked against him contract and numbers wise, but dont be surprised when he makes this team (granted, I am a huge Montana fan and completely biased, but I try to call it as I see it).

Taylor Thompson had a really nice catch in the team drills, going up high in double coverage to bring down the ball.

Charlie Whitehusrt throws a really nice ball.... in 7 on 7 drills. In the team activities, not so much. We need to hope Jake stays healthy, and if he doesn't, that Zach Mettenberger develops quickly. If Locker goes down, our season goes down the tubes with him.

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I knew Mariani would shut people up.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Thanks for the report!

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So, what, will this team, like, NEVER have an air game again? Are we the official wideout cemetary?

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Huh?? Do you follow whiz's past offenses at all?

6. avvie

Yes, I know about them...that wasn't my point. We just seem to suck at drafting receivers and the OP verifies that.

7. Clark

He said UDFAs

He didn't mention anything about hunter/wright

• High Five High Five x 6
  8. avvie

Ah...missd that word.
    In my defense I'm still on The first cup this morning ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Clark

Lol fair enough. In reports via twitter, wright burned Sensabaugh, Hunter made a nice jumping catch. Mariani made a couple plays over Campbell.

There is no official depth chart. Whiz said he wants people to earn the spots. I like this.

Mccluster looked like lightening.

Zach brown is playing ILB with Woodyard. OLBs are Morgan and Wimbley.

Pollard picked off locker twice.

Front three was Hill, Casey, Pito. I'm unsure who played Nose

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Glad to hear McCluster looked pretty good, I have high hopes for him.

Any word on how Sankey, Greene or the other backs looked today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar