Satisfied With WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Britt
    Washington
    Gage
    Williams
    Mariani
    Hawkins
    Figurs

Excuse me if i don't have it totally right but off the top of my head this is what it looks like at the WR position here.My question is this.Will the team try to pick up another receiver or are they content at this position going into the season?

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I'm contempt with it. Just a bit concerned how long britt will be suspended.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think only the first 5 names on your list stick. I also agree with Ryudo.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Britt is the only great receiver we have (and he can't stay healthy or out of trouble).

I've been very against the idea of bringing T.O. in, but if Britt is suspended for 4 or more games, I say we do it.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I think if we were gonna bring in a vet we would have done so already what with cotchery,mason,edwards,burress all avaible at some point. Although a long suspension for Britt may change that although we new if was likely previously.

I'm reasonably happy with the list, Williams above Gage though.

6. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

I'd rather we get rid of figurs, gage, and washington. Replace them with Joseph Hills, Michael Preston, and Kirkendoll. Give these UDFAs a chance, I've heard nothin but good things about hills and Preston. I know this won't happen though

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'm fine with it, it isn't ideal, but it's manageable at the very least.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm fine with who we have, but agree with other posters that want to see some of our younger guys take up roster spots.

I'd like to see...

Britt
    Williams
    Washington
    Hawkins
    Gage

While keeping some of other WR's on practice squad.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think if WR was a concern, we'd have more than just 4 new rookie WR's and a 4th year vet competing for a job. It's clear that the team still believes in bringing along Hawkins, Williams, and Mariani at WR. If they didn't have confidence in those guys, then I doubt Figurs is the leading name for the 6th WR job. There was ample amounts of time to strike a deal with a popular free agent available, but we did nothing at WR, so I say the coaches want Britt, Washington, Gage, Williams, Mariani, and Hawkins playing. Because of the possible suspension to Britt, not sure if Figurs gets waived or sticks around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think you mean "content." Contempt has a very different meaning.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar