Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Carpy, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Guys,

I need help. I'm looking at subscribing to a satellite radio service. Any advice on what is better (Sirius and XM appear to be the two leading candidates).

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm a big Sirius fan. Howard Stern, NFL channel. They also have NASCAR, Playoby, great comedy. Music is about the same between XM and sirius. You can get all the NFL games as part of the subscription. Great for fantasy.

Oh- XM has the "Oprah" station.

A merger is currently being discussed. There was a proposal to Congress for one to occur, but they are deciding whether is constitutes a monopoly right now.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I believe I read somewhere recently that Sirius and XM are actually merging. I don't have any experience with XM, but my Dad has Sirius for a while. Don't know if it's still the case, but most of the difference used to be in the channel offerings.

I believe Sirius has all the NFL games, but if they are merging, that might be a moot point now.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Looks like we crossed posts Riverman. I hadn't heard about the monopoly ruling.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If I want it in two vehicles, I'll have to subscribe twice right?

Thanks for the info.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Second subscription is half price. You can get portable radios that can be used in both cars and plugged into your auxillary jack if you have one. You also get an internet subscription included which is really cool for work or home.

I originally got if for the NFL but I have enjoyed all of the stations much more than I would have thought.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The merger was already vetoed from what I have heard.

8. Not yet. It's still pending.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

As Riverman said.....
    Sirius is great. I have had it for a couple of years now.
    I can't really speak that much on XM, but as he said, NFL, Stern, NASCAR, etc....
    Sirius broadcasts EVERY NFL game. Only problem is that the Titans are the only team that does NOT have an agreement with them. You can still listen to the game, but it is the opposing team's radio team calling the game.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I own XM and have rented a few cars with Sirius and neither one is better or worse it just depends on what you wanna hear. Howard Stern is a plus for Sirius in my book but I know folks who can't stand him.. Phil Hendry is on XM and so on..
    Fungus53 on XM blows Sirius' punk channel away though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar