santonio holmes headed to the jets for a 5th round pick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

DANG! you beat me to it!!!

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Steelers unload their #2 for a 5? He's obviously trouble...

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Jets acquire WR Holmes from Steelers (AP)

A person familiar with the deal says the New York Jets have acquired wide receiver Santonio Holmes from the Pittsburgh Steelers for a fifth-round draft pick this month. The person spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the teams had yet to announce the trade Sunday night. Holmes, the 2009 Super Bowl MVP, is facing a lawsuit in Florida from a woman who claims he threw a...

Link to full article

5. xpmar9x

Well he has character problems. May be facing a 4-game ban. He's also a FA after this year.

They got a 5th round for a WR that may play only 12 games (and playoffs).

STILL a 5th ROUND?! There was teams that probably would of given more than a 5th! Good trade Jets!!

6. xpmar9x

They still need a legit QB. Sanchez isn't anything special... yet. 12TDs vs 20INTs isn't to good.

I'm left wondering, if Bradford went out last year, Stafford could be a Jet... that would be deadly.

The Jets will be a good team this year. Shonn Green, Washington, Holmes, Cotch, Edwards, LT... and there D. Maybe Jason Taylor and there 1st round... wow!

7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I don't care if he has a 'prior history'; but how come other teams (specifically the Jets and the Patriots) are consistently able to make their teams better with studs while we consistently get guys like Nate Washington, Eric Moulds, Yancey Thigpen and the like? You would think other than the freaking TOUCHDOWNS Holmes can produce, the PR be it negative or positive would be a good thing for a small market team. We haven't got much pub since VY got benched and before that it was PACMAN; at least we were on the radar. a 5th rd pick? seriously....what we couldn't afford to trade our pick for Holmes...I mean I know we'll prob pick up some ST stud like Nickey but comeon!

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

why is it always freakin new york? Edwards, cromartie, revis and sanchez were both players they traded up to get.

9. xpmar9x

Their GM Mike Tannenbaum is amazing. He's not afraid to take risks.

10. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Sure, Mike Tannenbaum doesn't afraid of anything, but the Jets haven't been any good in recent memory. (Not considering last season.) To me that doesn't qualify him as "Amazing"

These moves lately seem solid. A starting receiver for a 5th round pick, even if just for a year, is still a good trade in my book. Low risk, high reward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar