San Diego struggling to avoid TV blackout

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

...and people wonder why Los Angeles no longer has a team.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

A guy on Glorify The Past (F2F Chargers site) actually tried to use the forecast of rain as a serious excuse for lack of fan interest. Totally pathetic.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really don't get it. It's a playoff game, it's also the only home playoff game that they're going to get, and they still aren't showing up. Sad.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Buffalo did not sell out the year they beat us either. I happened to be in the Buffalo viewing area, and had to listen to the nightmare on the radio in Rochester, with Buffalo Bill fans. ughhh.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

San Diego have lost their last 3 home playoff games. I can understand fans accept that the streak is about to hit 4 and would rather not be there.

On a side note, how good is the forecast of rain? That's awesome.

We should go in with an active roster that includes ZERO Wide Receivers and run the ball every play. We bottle up LT and force Phillip Rivers to try and zing the ball around in the rain. Recipe for success.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

That's tired. 1-4-08 Tennessean;
    "The Chargers received a 24 hour extension from the NFL in an attempt to sell the final 500 tickets for Sunday's playoff game against Tennessee and lift the local TV blackout."
    I wonder how the Chargers board is dealing with that information. I'm sure by using their collective thinking, they're coming up with some great excuses some of which would indicate that its the Titans fault. If this game was being played here in Nashville, the game would have sold out within hours if not minutes. And everyone considers us to be a 'small market'. We are, but we can fill our stadium seats with butts instead of tarps!
    And while I'm venting, I'm getting tired of the mentality that I've been hearing, ".....the Titans don't deserve to be in the playoffs". That really makes my arse tired. Titans, 10-6. Washington and Tampa, 9-7. Difference, a strong AFC and a weaker NFC I guess. Our win vs loss record vs the rest of the AFC is what got us into the playoffs. This wasn't a gimme or a mulligan, our record against other NFL teams put us in.

7. Morph

Morph Revolution

Yeah, and I don't like throwing around the 'would haves and could haves' again, but our record could have very well been at least 13-3 IF we would have played a full 60min. of football in 3 of our regular season games...we deserve a shot at the playoffs as much as any other team that's in it.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

You can guarantee a sell out here, but we all know we can not guarantee a full stadium.

9. GoTitans3801

We can for a playoff game...

10. GoTitans3801

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar