San Diego next week and Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerfan

oilerfan Camp Fodder

They are dangerous team regardless and we tend to have a few bonehead plays in the secondary every game. It's def a winable game. But, this game worries me!

2. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Totally agree.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

all of the chargers losses were by 1 score, and both there wins were 20+ point blowouts...Hardly dysfunctional..

The good news: No Malcolm Floyd, No Vincent Jackson, and a injured Antonio Gates

4. 10winsn2010

10winsn2010 Camp Fodder

The Titans could possibly beat the Chargers.....but right now it doesn't look to promising. The Chargers have their backs to the wall, they have bad blood with the Titans [i.e. Merriman no longer plays and the Titans had something to do with that], and the Titans are giving up to many penalties.
    The schedule is still daunting for the Titans....They pretty much need to win the next 2 games to have a better conference record for the tie breakers at the end of the season. Then coming up the 5 division games. The Titans can beat anyone on the schedule ..... but they can also lose to anyone on the schedule.

The reason they can't handle the chargers -----the short to medium passing game is very good for the chargers and the Titans defense is lacking in that area. PLUS...the new rules favor teams like SD.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

3rd in rush defense
    1st in pass defense
    1st in total defense

1st in passing offense
    1st in total offense

You'd think a team with those stats would be 7-0 right now. Well, those are the Chargers stats, and they're 2-5. It's all due to poor coaching, turnovers, and poor special teams which don't show up on those listed stats.

Don't forget that they've lost to the Seahawks, Rams, and Raiders. It's not like they've been losing to good teams.

What a terrible time to play them though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I think we can and will win in San Diego, and it's even more likely with VY in. The Chargers O-Line looked weak today and that won't fair well with our defense. I think we'll get good pressure on Phillip Rivers and get some costly mistakes out him.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A win vs San Diego is a LONG TIME coming... I'm still feeling the burn from a game agin them when Volek was leading The Titans to a tremendous loss against SD - I'm sure many of you recall this..

8. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I am going to be a realist here and predict the Chargers to win. The stats don't lie and since they are in desperation the stupid decisions and plays will be limited. Hopefully they beat Houston the week after though

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

First time I would have ever heard of a team losing to stats.. Chargers are finding alot of L's this year. That trumps any stat with which you can come up..

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is off the top of my head, but it should be right.

Last four games against the Chargers (that I can think of):

40-7 L
    23-17 L (major chokage here)
    17-6 L
    42-17 L

So, in our last four meetings against the Chargers we average losing 30-12.

Let's put an end to this misery, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar