Samuel might still be an option(talks not going well)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Franchised Samuel threatens trade demand Published Wed Apr 4 7:18:00 p.m. CT 2007

(Rotoworld) Franchise player Asante Samuel says he's unhappy with the way long-term contract talks with New England have progressed so far.
    Impact: "This is to let everybody know that I'm not happy anymore and things are not going well," Samuel told the NFL Network's Adam Schefter. "We have a difference of opinion in my value. If a long-term deal can't be done at fair numbers for me and New England, then I want to be traded."

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

an unlikely option imo, especially if we trade for Turner.

3. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

I think I would rather have Samuel

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

this is just a rumor, nothing more.

5. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Please,

They had no interest in a comparable CB at a 20 Million Dollar Signing Bonus and you Think Samuel wants any less? :rolleyes:

Focus on Turner, the Pats won't trade Samuels to an AFC team.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If I'm not mistaken, we offered Clements $22 mil up front, but the 49ers gave him $24 mil

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

clements is overrated

8. BigRob

BigRob Guest

If you can provide the link to this I would believe you, but otherwise it would make no sense.

You see, TN has no Income Tax and a low standard of living.

San Fran has a high Income tax and high standard of Living.

22 Mill from TN, equals to way more money in the pocket in TN than in San Fran. :))

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yes but the same thing happened with Donte Stallworth, it seems nfl players these days are just so un-educated. TENNESSEE IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD.!

10. BigRob

BigRob Guest

He had more quality years of play than Samuels. Samuels has one 10 INT season. Clements has 4 good years of film on him. Ergo, if Clements is overrated, so is Samuels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar