Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

Discussion in 'Gear' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN46A650-46-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B001413D94

ok. so this is what I settled on...

I figured since I have such a demanding work schedule I should upgrade the boob tube... you know... to get the most of that rare free time... I got to do my part to help the economy, right?

$1,599 +tax at Sears. 36 months same as cash
    :greedy:

opinions?

oh yeah... almost forgot...

what should I have brought home instead?

let me tell you, this wasn't my first choice but at least it was in stock!

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think you got a nice TV. I personally like the Samsungs...have a 50 inch plasma that my son uses for his PS3 and watching his HD sports.

If you want to read through a nice thread for your model with posts by other users...just visit here at AVS Forum:

AVS Forum Samsung LNxxA650 Owner's Thread

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Nice TV! I need a 26-32 HD flat screen for my bedroom. Problem is I need money for that....something I DONT have. Especially with xmas here soon.

Enjoy it!

4. Just got a 40" of the 650 line about a month ago. It's pretty damn incredible.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Samsung sucks *** and I will never buy any Samsung product in the future.

Their TVs have a QAM tuner, which was an item I needed to have in my TV.
    Unfortunately, not only is their QAM tuner defective by design, they will not stand by their product.

The local CBS affiliate tunes to 1-5 on the tuner. The TV will not stay on that channel. It will switch to 1-2.
    It is not ambient or stray IR. The "previous channel" does not take it back to 1-5. It is a defect in the tuner.

Since most users will use a set-top box, many people have a defective set and don't know that it is defective, as they do not use that feature.

After switching the set through Amazon once, the same damn problem occurred, indicating a design flaw.

Samsung's solution was to send it to a depot to wait and see if a tech could experience the error leaving me without a TV. That is not acceptable.
    The tech they had me contact had me check out the cable signal strength at my own expense, which I did, and it was not the problem.
    After that, and explaining how the set had already been exchanged, the tech said he was not going to bother to switch out parts, since we both knew it wouldn't work.

He sympathized that the Samsung customer support was giving the runaround, and said they give the repair techs the same treatment.

It is still under warranty, but Samsung is not even capable of discussing the issue competently. They are more interested in avoiding arranging a replacement than they are in standing by their product.

Once you have ever dealt with Samsung "customer support" it will cure you of ever buying another Samsung product ever again.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good choice, BP. I'm getting the 52" of the same model this week!

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Hmmm...interesting. Not sure what model you bought, but my plasma from them does not have that issue. Could you not get your money back or swap it for another model with the vendor you purchased it from?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

for what it's worth I tuned to local cbs wdef dtv 12-1 for the Colts/Browns game in HD today and enjoyed the game with zero issue. Direct TV man is coming out Tuesday morning to change out the dish and deliver hd dvr.

Today I didn't use rabbit ears. I got the signal off of Comcast. It's the same coax that brings the high speed internet. I just auto scanned and the channel was there. No mysterious channel flipping.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Mine has left Texas and is on its way!

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Not after Samsung ran out the clock with their non-solutions.

If you just do a web search on "Samsung sucks" you will find many examples of how bad their customer service is. My experience bears that out with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar