Salisbury ranks Titans offseason the worst

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Boy,

Learn to read and come back to me.

I am not taking any opinion on this off-season.

When they play I will judge the draft and the off-season, otherwise whinge and ***** all you want. I couldn't care less what you think, all you do is thrive on being a pathetic, negative no body.

:rolleyes:

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You have to keep things in perspective. You aren't going to draft many players like VY that will come in and make an instant impact. Some of you are forgetting we have players we have been developing, and these guys will take their place on special teams, etc as they move into the starting rotation. I remember when Bell first got here, he got manhandled in the Denver game here, literally picked up and shoved into Volek. He has come a long way. We have Fuller and Lowery, Long coming back, Givens hopefully, Mahelona has more experience, etc. If by chance some of these draft guys are able to step up and start....fantastic...but it's too soon to tell if our draft is a bust yet. I do admit we made some questionable picks...so far. All you can do is believe we are on the outside, and don't really know what the coaches believe we need, although at times it seems obvious. We all screamed for LT to be gone, and our first pick was a Safety.....maybe there is a plan.

3. titans2002

titans2002 Camp Fodder

Read this from the "experts"

The sleeper draft of the league might be in Tennessee. Cornerback Andre Woolfolk will be a starter by 2004, and wide receiver Tyrone Calico could be the deep threat that Chris Sanders wasn't. Chris Brown is a nice back to develop for the 2005 season as a challenger to Eddie George. And defensive tackle Rien Long, a fourth-rounder, could become a big-time player in two years with Jeff Fisher's coaching and playing next to Albert Haynesworth.

9. It still puzzles me that the Lions, who had a nice draft, have the luxury to trade veteran players. They unloaded halfback Aveion Cason to Dallas for a No. 7 and wide receiver Larry Foster to Arizona for a seventh. Cason could develop into being a decent third-down back. Foster's a good fourth receiver who isn't bad when used as a No. 3. Will defensive back Blue Adams of Cincinnati and running back Brandon Drumm of Colorado provide more roster competition than two veterans who cost nothing to make the team? Just wondering.

10. The only knock on the three new receivers for the Arizona Cardinals is that two of them -- second-rounder Anquan Boldin and veteran Larry Foster -- lack speed. Boldin is a 4.7 40 receiver and Foster isn't much faster. Second-rounder Bryant Johnson is about a 4.5 runner. But at least the Cardinals upgraded one of the weakest receiving units in football.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

4. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

amen to that brother.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

1: Keith Bullock is out for the year?
    2: Are we REALLY that much worse off without Bennett and Wade?
    3: I see no improvement or drop off in the bum factor..
    4: Yeah but those guys bore a love child and we just drafted him W/ our #2.
    5: Finnegan begin-again.
    6: you got me there..
    7: to be fair, the offseason isn't over

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Bulluck isn't our best all around player.
    2. Let's see: VY = 2199 passing yards. Bennett/Wade = 1198. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if vince struggles to get more than 1,500 passing yds this season.
    3. No drop-off? Last years #1 = 737 yds. This years = 683 yards for his CAREER. Our #2 last year had 461. This years has 68 yards. lol
    4. our rb position is up to our o-line. Simple as that. Unless we have a GREAT o-line this year, our running game wont exist.
    5. Finnegan won't be starting. Jeff Fisher loves Reynaldo. If he didn't, Reynaldo would've been benched LONG ago. At least after the game that finnegan started and did better in.
    6. word.
    7. There's nobody left. More scrubs wont help a team of scrubs.

7. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

1. Bulluck is our best defensive player. VY is best overall...He could probably play anywhere on the field besides O and D Line.
    2. Someone else will step up. It always happens.
    3. Give them the chance to play and they will produce, or we will find someone on the team who can.
    4. The running game is almost ALWAYS up to the o-line. Barry Sanders is probably one of the few exceptions to this theory.
    5. Finnegan will have to step up.
    6. word
    7. for offense, please see the last few years' NE Patriots teams. There were very few stars, just solid role players. I think that is what we are building.

8. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Ahh...interesting. I really like that comparison. Let's hope it proves to be true.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I still don't understand why so much investment is made into what analysts say. They're paid to give an opinion, one that usually carries as much base as anything you or I could make with some observation and stat digging.

How many experts questioned taking Young, or said he wouldn't have an impact at all in '06? How many experts said our 2003 draft was especially solid? Bottom line, how many expert's opinions can be considered relative when most of the time, they're as wrong as you or I? Leave these decisions to the professionals, the scouts and evaluators who spend their entire DAY (not just going online and looking at basic scouting reports) looking at these prospects and evaluating team needs. This is an organization with a new strategy; why not wait a bit before we start panicking?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well in that case, we're only missing one piece to complete this role-player team's successful fate.
    Belichick. Until then, it's 8 wins at most, and that's being optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar