Salary Cap Generator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Playing around with it is kinda fun.
    I cut Wimbley, Fitz, Stevens, Stewart, Fokou, Bailey and that leaves us with 32 million in cap space. Plenty to resign our players and a FA or two.
    I resigned Verner for 8, Williams for 3, Pitoitua for 1.5, Leon Wash for 1, and Pollard for 4.
    That leaves us with 14.5 million to sign a DE and T before the draft. I like Allen at 6 and Oher for 5. Leaves us with 3.5
    This could swing with CJ cut or if they incorporated the 3.5 left over from last year we can use.

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Every personnel decision is Webster's call, it won't be the coach's. Of course, Webster and the new head coach and his staff will work together on most of these. Webster won't keep a guy that doesn't fit what the new coaches want to do, nor will he cut a player who the new coaches want, unless the cap number on that player is exorbitant.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Have we determined if it's legit? I mean does it follow the extremely complicated rules of the salary cap? If so I'm going to play around with it before I do my mocks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Webster will also hire a coach that fits what he wants to do. For example, if Webster wants a conservative ground attack offense then he is not going to hire a guy who says "I want to air it out as much as possible" in the interview.

5. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

how about just leave this stuff to the people that are paid to do it and just be a fan. stop crying over it. does anyone discuss football and plays or anything anymore? or is this just a wanna be gm board? geeze!!!!

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats a good question, but its as accurate as you'll find.

Even when I had to make my own last year I was off my about $160k somehow. but even then I was able to see what we could potentially do with our cap space.

Its a good tool, Im surprised more people haven't already used it.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

H5 for bada$$ avatar!

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

No wonder we suck. This teams priorities are upside down. These are our highest paid?

cj1yd
    levitre
    mccourty
    whiffin
    wimbley
    roos
    stewart

:biglaugh:

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I cut CJ, Stewart, Wimbley, Fitzpatrick & Stevens - 25 mil in space now lol

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Love that calculator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar