Saints/Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I agree except for the penalty on Pacman... I actually didn't mind it at all... he got caught on the new rule change... I doubt he makes that mistake in the regular season. He was just "welcoming" Reggie to the league! Go get'em Pacman, Eat em UP! :logo: :lol:

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think they like to see how they're first team does against the other teams first team. And, so on.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree. But they don't game plan to win the game. They do stuff they wouldn't do in a regular season game, just to see how it works. Like going for it on 4th down, etc.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

By the way, the Bironas missed FG kick was a partial result of a bad snap. Hentrich had to reach up and behind him to get it. The words "...and Vince Young is down, holding his left ankle..." scared me to death! Thank goodness he is alright. Although, it's only preseason, I just hate to see reminents of last years pass coverage and fingertip tackles in the 2nd/3rd string.

I dread next weekend's game. I have a feeling that Cutler will tear our 2nd string secondary apart. Good game tonight.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

There is absolutely no reason to ever dread the final score of a pre-season game.

The goal is for coaches to evaluate and for players to stay healthy.

That's all there is to 'em.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wait for the 'experts' to tear it for him. How bad he was etc.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

he wasn't bad nor good. He was what he should have been a rookie trying to learn a new system. I also think he found out this isn't college.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yes but his only other playing counterpart tore it up in detroit don't forget.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If you watch the replay, you'll notice that Young showed no pain and stared down his crazy attempt at a pass until he realized how awful it was and then began clutching his ankle. Then he stood up on it just as the training crew mobbed him. Looks like he has a little veteran savvy already to me. :p

Anyways, I was really impressed with PacMan's play. I can deal with a little in your face action as long as he creates a reason to do it. He really played a great all around game and that's encouraging. Our first units looked pretty good all around. I wish we could get more pressure with our front four though. I kinda thought that would be our strength. I think our offensive line looked good. Our second and third teams played horrible, but there were a few positives. Roby looked outstanding. Randall looked pretty good.

Vince Young's outing wasn't that impressive. He made a couple of good plays and showed some decent wheels, but he made a lot of mistakes that he never made at Texas. The big thing I thought he did well was keeping his eyes downfield and really looking to pass first.

Reynaldo Hill has to play better than he did yesterday.

Let's all keep in mind that this was the Saints' defense. I'm happy that we could move the ball on them, but it doesn't really point to any future success we might have. It just proves that we're better than one of the worst teams in the league. We'll find out more later. I'm just happy to see the Titans play again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar