Saints Game Review

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I guess I am the only one on these boards who isn't convinced that Locker is some amazing qb. He has looked ok, low comp % but that is to be expected for a rookie. Some ugly throws here and there. And he has not won us any games.

I will be excited when he gets to start some games though.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The thing is the marker on the far side isn't necessarily accurate, which is why they always bring the markers all the way across the field. On the one angle that shows the near sideline you can tell the marker is a good half yard further downfield.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all Locker threw for almost 300 yards in the short time he was in the game. I'm not sure what people expect. Aaron Rodgers level play? Secondly Locker did have a few errant passes but he also threw the ball away a number of times. Thus the completion % looked worse than it was. Hard to argue with a guy performance when he throws for almost 300 yards one TD, doesn't turn it over a single time and also runs for a TD. Those were very good numbers for a whole game.

In the Atlanta game he almost won the game for us and was 5 yards short of winning one Sunday. That is two times he totally turns the game around. Keep in mind we are talking about a rookie QB who wasn't getting all the reps in practice as the backup. Comes off the bench and is instant excitement.

I think it is time to hand him the ball. Don't hold it against him if we lose to one of the best teams in the NFL and he only gets to play a couple of quarters. For a work in progress the kid is damn good to me and I was one of his biggest critics before the draft. He knows the playbook, can make adjustments at the LOS, makes plays with his legs and has thrown some of the best long passes you will ever see from anyone. All he needs now is to get on the field IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. blotch1

blotch1 Camp Fodder

There is no illegal contact once a QB leaves the pocket and since the ball never left his hand there can't be pass interference... so all action was legal on that play.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are wrong

7. blotch1

blotch1 Camp Fodder

OFFICIAL RULE -

Making significant contact with a receiver after the receiver has advanced five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. The illegal contact is called only if the quarterback is still in pocket and the ball is still in his hands. This rule was adopted in 1978, and its enactment is regarded as contributing to the dramatic increase in both passing yardage and scoring the NFL has witnessed since that time.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"Note 4: There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage, but defensive actions such as tackling a receiver can still result in a 5-yard penalty for defensive holding, if accepted."

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Just rewateched it. D Williams was tripped 7-8 yards downfield, and MM was shoved while JL was inside the pocket. MM was shoved with a ref right there - pitiful.

Hawkins was shoved as well but it was after JL was moving too the right - IMO

The telling part is the WRs on the field would not even be 2s on most teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

If only Locker had looked back at Damien, he was wide open. I watched it in agony like 40 times. If Washington would have been able to go the last two plays may have turned out different

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar