Saints Game On TV ..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Unfortunately, I will miss the game this weekend as I will be in Memphis. I've looked at various sites and asked around, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if the game will be televised in Memphis, or will it only be broadcast in Nashville?

I know that I can catch it on the radio, but I would like to park myself in front of the TV for a bit with a 12-pack.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Last year the NFL network rebroadcast a number of preseason games during the week following the contest. As an out of town fan my only hope is that the marquis debuts of Vince and Reggie will convince them to re-air either the Saints or Titans local broadcast of the game.

3. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Don....I found this post on another site:

"You don't have to get Nashville TV to watch it......it depends on your local stations. Memphis stations will air it on Channel 5."

I don't know if that's true, but you could call and find out, I'm sure. Here's the station's website:

http://www.wmctv.com/

4. inVINCEable

inVINCEable Guest

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

tvguide.com confirms Titantonic's information

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Sweet. NFL network love fest. I will be watching. This game is a beauty for them. Two high profile studs kick it off.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

NFLNetwork is showing EVERY preseason game that is not nationally televised. So it will be there somewhere. You might have to record it, if they show it in the middle of the night. However, you would be surprised how many stations near Nashville think of the Titans as a local team. Here in Huntsville, which is in AL (though only 2 hours from Nash), the Titans are treated like locals and pre-empt any regularly scheduled game on CBS (or whatever it will be this year).

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Beautiful!

Thanks for the information, and I should have known to check TVguide.

As most of you know, I'm educated far beyond my intelligence.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

airtimes are est. /-1 cst

* NFL Preseason Football - Denver Broncos at Detroit Lions, NFLNET Aug 14 05:00am
    * NFL Preseason Football
    - New Orleans Saints at Tennessee Titans, NFLNET Aug 14 08:00am

* NFL Preseason Football - Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers, NFLNET Aug 14 12:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers, NFLNET Aug 14 03:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Oakland Raiders at Minnesota Vikings, ESPN Aug 14 08:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Oakland Raiders at Minnesota Vikings, ESPNHD Aug 14 08:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Pittsburgh Steelers at Arizona Cardinals, NFLNET Aug 15 12:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Chicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers, NFLNET Aug 15 03:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Teams TBA, NFLNET Aug 15 09:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks, NFLNET Aug 16 02:00am
    * NFL Preseason Football - Jacksonville Jaguars at Miami Dolphins, NFLNET Aug 16 12:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Denver Broncos at Detroit Lions, NFLNET Aug 16 03:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Teams TBA, NFLNET Aug 16 09:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers, NFLNET Aug 17 02:00am
    * NFL Preseason Football - Cleveland Browns at Philadelphia Eagles, NFLNET Aug 17 12:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - New York Giants at Baltimore Ravens, NFLNET Aug 17 04:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Kansas City Chiefs at New York Giants, WDSI Aug 17 08:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Philadelphia Eagles at Baltimore Ravens, NFLNET Aug 18 12:00am
    * NFL Preseason Football - Philadelphia Eagles at Baltimore Ravens, NFLNET Aug 18 02:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - San Diego Chargers at Chicago Bears, WDEF Aug 18 08:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - San Diego Chargers at Chicago Bears, WDEFDT Aug 18 08:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns, NFLNET Aug 19 12:00am
    * NFL Preseason Football - Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills, NFLNET Aug 19 01:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Detroit Lions at Cleveland Browns, NFLNET Aug 19 04:00pm
    * NFL Preseason Football - Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots, NFLNET Aug 19 08:00pm

10. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Just to confirm what they say, I live in Memphis and every preseason game has been shown here since 2000 preseason. It's not the standard CBS setup since local guys, i.e. Mike Keith and Frank Wycheck, are calling the game. I actually wish that the NFL would let the local guys in the box to call the game. More names would be right and more of the talk would be on the action. It would be fun to have one broadcaster for each team calling the game together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar