Safety will be addressed in FA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

And with the 5th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.........

Problem Solved!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titantrusince82

Spot on! Below is my comment two days ago,

Give me Stephon Gilmore at CB.
    I wanted Berry and Lattimore in the def backfield. But since KC signed Berry, I'll take option 2, Gilmore and Adams.
    titantrusince82, Tuesday at 8:21 PM

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Smart guy, but very physically limited. Hard pass on him. Lines up everywhere, but gets burned a lot. Decent, but not someone I want starting every game.

4. titantrusince82

You lost me at "but gets burned a lot".

5. Brew City

Yeah, you remember that deep Rishard Matthews TD against the Pack? Guess who was covering him.

6. Bo Bo Clark

Bo Bo Clark Starter

Hyde literally played every position in the secondary for the Pack last year. He also has punt return skills as well. So Im not sure how hes limited physically. Every DB gets beat here and there. Hyde is not going to draw a high price tag and he is 100% better than Searcy and Stafford. Also Dom Capers and Dick Lebeau have a very similar style of defense so I could see this as a smart move for the team.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Love his blocking and tackling....

8. Brew City

Bro, I live in Wisconsin and watch probably 80% of Packer games. Also talk about Packers with Packer fans on a daily basis. I am your resident Packers expert.

His punt return comparison for me is Mariani. Slow, but sure handed and makes good decisions. He wasn't the primary punt returner and I don't think he even returned 50% of punts this year. Trevor Davis, Ty Montgomery, and Randall Cobb all took turns returning punts.

He played everywhere because he wasn't great anywhere and they had a rash of injuries in the secondary. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind him on the field in certain packages, but not as a full time starter, and definitely not at corner. His strength is his mind and his weakness is his speed/athleticism. Packer fans are OK with him, but want an upgrade for him.

9. Bo Bo Clark

Bo Bo Clark Starter

He's an upgrade over Stafford, is what Im getting to here and I dont see him with a heavy price tag. The front office looks for players who can contribute in multiple phases of the game. I like his versatility and Id rather see us pursue him over Stafford who seems to be good for laying the hammer a few times a year.

10. Brew City

I'm with you there. I'll take him as a backup safety/special teamer/package player, and I think he's an upgrade over Stafford.

If you're expecting him to be a starting caliber above average safety, you're going to be sorely disappointed. He didn't even start in the Packers putrid secondary and that should tell you something.

And he is definitely not an upgrade to Searcy as you suggest. Searcy gets a bad rap. You never notice him because he's never getting burned or giving up big plays. He also doesn't make big plays which is his problem. If we had a whole secondary that we never noticed we would have been in the playoffs. Problem was we always noticed the rest of secondary for the wrong reasons.

#40 Brew City, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar