Safari Question

Discussion in 'Gear' started by cdy_hitt, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I use Safari for my PC and everything works fine except for one thing. I'm a college student so I'm always logged into Facebook. When I use the chat feature I get and error message that says "Safari can't find the plug in. Some content on the page Facebook/Home can't be shown because its MIME type is unspecified."

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem?

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

It should offer a link that takes you to the apple website. You need to find out which plug-in you need.

edit:
    I read that if you disable the notification sound then it should work.

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Thank you. Do you know how to disable the notification sound?

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yea, you click the chat box(The box that says chat and shows all your online friends), Then click options, then uncheck:play Sound for New Messages. I hope it works.

5. My suggestion would be don't use Safari on a PC. Use Firefox or Chrome.

The ONLY reason to use Safari on a PC is to sync your bookmarks with your iPhone. And even then, just install Safari and occasionally re-import your bookmarks to it.

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Thanks for the help TitansJonne..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar