Sadia Morrison Found Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sunshine, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Are you suggesting it would be better if I had someone else's standards? Or perhaps no standards at all?
    Why would having my own standards sound ridiculous?
    Or is it ridiculous to shoot for higher standards than "the street?"
    How is that ridiculous?
    Where do you get off making that claim?

Do you really need a walkthrough of "What Pacman did?"
    I imagine you can find a link to a forum thread here without a need to rehash this. So I suppose you are trying t o make a point base upon "convictions" and guilty pleas. There are a few if you want to limit reaction to his conduct only to times he was convicted or plead out.

He was "guilty" of acting like an idiot, repeatedly.
    He was guilty of not being able to rise above his native ATL streets when he was given an opportunity to escape that life.
    Instead, he just seems to have wanted to be a rich street urchin, tossing money at strippers like those cool guys in ATL drug gangs.

And it really boils down to that, doesn't it?

Those who whine about "The Nashville market is so unforgiving" are in effect saying that it should be okay for an NFL player to celebrate the behavior and conduct of drug dealing murderous street gangs.
    Nashville isn't a ghetto, so we don't tolerate that.

The Cowboys got a bargain, and they seem to be getting an Adam Jones who is finally saying the things that if he said a year ago would have kept him on the Titans.
    That is my whole grievance with the idiot. He could have stepped up last year, quit calling himself "Pacman" and actually spoken out against the lifestyle he was embracing.

Indeed, the deal is done, but the idea that there is something wrong with Nashville because we don't tolerate the same behavior that the streets of Atlanta will is a bogus claim. Why would anyone defend that kind of conduct? Ever?

Adam Jones was too proud, too arrogant to speak out against a pattern of behavior that he and his heroes engaged in and celebrated.

We agree that if he were still a Titan, we would have a better team.

The difference is you blame the front office for not being more indulgent of his hoodlum outbursts and emulation of BMF behavior. I blame the man for ever thinking that kind of behavior was cool in the first place.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^ Hell no, I don't blame the front office for not being "indulgent". I blame the FO for being INEPT. Their stance with Pac has always been "Shape up or ship out." The media have seized that ideology and sensationalized. Your own post above suggests you espouse the philosophy also. I am in no way condoning the behavior that lead to his allegations. The conviction versus allegation issue is entirely another subject that also involves Goodell's arbitrary standards.

I'll try to further clarify my position on the trade of Pacman. I'm glad we agree he is a talented player and the team will miss his play-making abilities. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED/IRRITATED with our front office. The example on how a front office should successfully navigate rehabilitating a "troubled player" could not be better exemplified than comparing how the Cowboys are approaching Pac and how we did.

Our philosophy was "we don't baby-sit" players. The front office had a sit-down and said do this or you are out. Fisher basically knew he would boot Pac after the LVPD incident and the suspension. The Cowboys have hired a security for Pac, have enlisted past players to help mentor him, and have supported a massive PR campaign to clean up his image. Our front office took NONE of those steps at any point in his tenure in Tennessee. Instead- they issued a statement that he was "unrehabilitatable". Somehow, Jerry Jones was able to persuade Goodell to get Pac back on the practict field- our FO was never able to do so. So basically, I'm very pissed at our FO for their comparatively inept handling of our #6 overall draft pick who WAS A PROVEN PLAYMAKER. And the trade deal/scenario was about as retarded as I've ever seen. It made no sense to let him go when they did and at the price. I said it loud and clear at that time.

Our FO has again made a bumbling attempt at looking solid by bringing back guys (Dinger, McCareins, Kearse) from our better years. Do we really think that is going to be successful?

Anyway- Pac is gone and Dallas will benefit from his playmaking ability for a fourth round pick. Pretty savvy FO in Dallas. And we can just sigh while we watch Harper, Hill and/or King getting torched by Manning, Schaub and Garrard.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

go back to that day and I said he was a thug. I kept saying it no matter how much I got bad mouthed on here :grrhee:

4. Riverman

Say the same thing to three NFL players and you'll be right with one of them. Big whoop.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Personally, I would rather all teams handle players like Pacman the way the Titans did. Get a clue, or get another job. No one has the right to play in the NFL. If you can't figure that out, you damn sure don't need millions of dollars.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and I still get it from folks on his payroll :brow:

7. Riverman

Well- the Cowboys have multiple Super Bowl wins with the way they handle players.

He doesn't have any payroll left! :greedy:

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so you're working for free:eek:

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

True, but they havent won a single playoff game since '96.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You obviously missed your calling, you should be a Cowboys fan...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar