Sadia Morrison Found Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sunshine, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gloat, it's because of his troubles before he was drafted. People just predicted more trouble. He showed us more trouble proving them right. Dungy and Polian don't draft trouble players. Dungy's guys don't have a bad reputation GOING IN.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

For whatever reason- we traded our first round pick for a fourth. We gave our "Michael Irvin" to the Cowboys and THEY know how to manage the SITUATION!!!!!

Some of you fail to accept that another organization, one that has WON MULTIPLE SUPER BOWLS I might add, has embarked upon the correct way to re-hab an image. Pac tried it here- he took out adds, he volunteered at schools, he made charitable donations and yes- he was arrested a few times, but only one of the charges stuck.

The Cowboys put a friggin security detail on Pac and got past players to help mentor him. What did our organization do? "You better straighten up or else......." and then when that didn't keep Goodell and the media from making him their poster boy- our FO launches a campaign to get rid of him. "We believe he is non-rehabilitable" or some such nonsense.

Look it pains me to know end to know how much I spent on tickets and insufferable losses the year we went 4-12 to get that #6 overall pick. And it turned out we hit on a true play-maker, the kind that wins 2 or 3 games a year with his abilities. And what did we do with him, when we had to manage him? We distance ourself from him and trade him.

Mark my words- he will make a huge difference for the Cowboys this year. In fact, I go as far to say that he is the difference that is going to get them to the Super Bowl and probably win it. And you know what? I am happy for him and the Cowboys, especially if he cleans up his act like the Cowboys have invested in him to do.

I'll end on this. Just how is it that the Cowboys got him re-instated for the same effin charges and we couldn't? Just how is it that the Cowboys are successfully turning his image around? (and don't even try to deny that it isn't working) The Titans FO are serious chumps for this move. We are going to get torched in the secondary this year by the Texans, Jags and of course the Colts. I just hope we can play enough ball control and have a few break-out runs with CJ to keep us in it til the end.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I can't believe that this thread is at three pages, and no one cares that the story is about the major witness to the nightclub shooting being found dead. This is a really disturbing turn, no matter who did it, both to her or on the night at the club. Something extremely bad is going on behind the scenes. Whether or not Adam Jones had anything to do with it, I'm glad I don't have to associate any of it with my team any more.

Once again, getting a 4th rounder for Pacman isn't a terrible move if he wasn't going to be able to turn it around here. A fresh start was the best move for all parties... us, pacman, and the cowboys. You can start being bitter when they actually win the super bowl.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I can agree that Adam Jones (if healthy) will be an asset on the field for whatever team has him on their roster.

But to try to shift responsibility for that loss of talent to someone other than Adam Jones is giving the jerk a free pass.

He could have stopped hanging with his old thug pals (at least the ones still living) and tell the kids that street life isn't cool, and that imitating rap videos and the BMF lifestyle is not the thing to do.
    If he had the stones, he would tell the youth of Atlanta those things.

Instead, he managed to find a single team that would take him.

The Tennessee media has done nothing but report the facts.
    All the "Nashville market" was doing was waiting for Adam Jones to say the thing she said to Dallas to the people of Nashville.

Adam Jones was too proud to take that step.
    Instead he made comments in interviews about how unforgiving the people of Nashville were.
    Poppywash.
    It isn't anyone but Adam Jones, who defiantly claimed (while under contract to the Titans) that he would choose his thuggin' love buddies over the NFL if it came to that, who made Adam Jones look like an oxygen thief.

Are there some bigots and idiots in the Nashville market? Sure.
    Are those idiots driving the misbehavior of this particular talented athlete who just couldn't figure out that on draft day he was to come "Up From the Streets" in order to succeed? No.

Everything Adam Jones is doing now, he could have done and said a year ago. He instead chose to run to a new city, and only after that, and after getting the best advice Dallas money can buy did he begin to say the right things.

I can't blame the Titans FO for not wanting to spend money to babysit a grown man just because he is a talent.

In Dallas, we can be sure that at the least, Adam Jones' development will be arrested.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's happended before. A cop once started a fire in an apartment building so he could save a bunch of people and be treated like a hero. It was depicted in the tv series hill street blues.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

:grrhee:

I have to say, I've never been to Tennessee. But, to say that the majority of any state is racist is a bit rediculous.

For most of them, you are right. However, the Las Vegas melee is not something to sneeze at. Regardless of what he got charged with, it is not unreasonable to say he in some fashion called out the hit, intentionally or not.

Nope.

Nope.

Depends. 49er T.O., Eagle T.O., or Cowboy T.O. I would take Cowboy T.O., but not the other 2.

:yes: Agree 100%. For that matter, I still say that Godell (yes, misspelled on purpose) should not be able to suspend players until after they are convicted or plead guilty, and that punishments should not be arbitrary. (1st DUI, 2 games, 2nd DUI, 8 games, 1st misdeamenor, fine of 1 game check, 2nd, 2 game suspension etc.).

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't doubt it. There are firemen that start fires "just to have something to do". haha

vslyke - I'm not talking race. Though, that can be done nationally, and I'll have no problem saying I believe the majority of people are racist. I'm just talking about being judgmental due to image. It's a trait of the bible-belt.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Image?

Is it the dreads? When other members of the team have a similar hairstyle?

It isn't even the matter of making a few mistakes, as so many other people have, and are forgiven, as they work through their faults.

Adam Jones couldn't bring himself to do the right thing here in Nashville. Plain and simple.

It isn't image, it is Adam. He mistook arrogance for pride, and that is the issue.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

You can take Adam out the hood, but you can't take hood out of adam? Does that apply to this ????

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You are so full of your own set of standards- you don't know how ridiculous you sound. "Bring himself to do the right thing here in Nashville." What is that? What you see fit as the "right thing"?

Are you talking about breaking the law? Just what was he convicted of? The only he his was guilty of was breaking Goodell's arbitrary code so he could be made an example to promote Goodell's agenda.

The plain truth of it is that the Nashville market and Titans FO just wouldn't support him the way the Cowboys and Dallas are. They are successfully rehabbing his image when our own FO said "he was unrehabilitatable". Dallas will enjoy a pro-bowl level CB and return man while we see if our 4th round pick in Lavelle Hawkins gives us anything. I personally doubt Hawkins will ever pan out like Pac will in Dallas. Stupid move with the trade but doesn't matter now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar