Sadia Morrison Found Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sunshine, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It is a crock to unload the "hillbillie" jabs.

It isn't Adam Jones' image that needs rehabilitated, it is his actions that need monitored.

That he can suddenly leave the ghettoid behavior behind and act like a civilized human being for Dallas, but couldn't choke back his pride and do that same thing a year ago for the team that selected him speaks volumes about Adam Jones, and less about the Titan's front office.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:applause:

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^ Obvious the market here wouldn't support their (the FO's) efforts to rehab his image.

That's OK. He's off to win a Super Bowl for a market that could.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

To me this comes down to how good you think Jones is as a player. If you think he's just “okay” then yes, the franchise was right in drawing a line in the sand and ultimately dealing AJ. If however, you're like me and think that Jones is a man with pretty spectacular football skills, then you've got to think that the franchise failed for allowing this freakish talent to escape them.

The Giants put up with Lawrence Taylor's crap, the Cowboys put up with Irvin's and before that Hollywood Henderson's. Fisher made the relationship with Jones adversarial as soon as he felt Adam had lied to him. He's a kid, and a screw-up and he lied to you... sorry, but get over it. Fisher of course took it personally, which is a huge mistake in business. A large part of a head coach’s job and the reason he’s paid big cash is to relate with divergent personality types and to create an atmosphere which will foster these assets to their fullest potential. Fisher’s continuing failure to relate to younger players is a huge concern (at least it is for me). I'm convinced that if Tony Dungy was this team's head coach Jones would still be a Titan (for better or worse).

But that ship has sailed… so here’s to Nick Harper! :yes: I hope he has a stellar season.

5. Hoffa

We'll just have to wait and see about that.

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Riverman is right I'd say. I remember the day we drafted him... The Nashville community did ostracized him. "I don't know about that Pacman fella..." Its been downhill ever since. He never would have been able to get the benefit of the doubt by the fans no matter what. It is good for both sides that we traded him. He can move on with a clean (relatively) slate, and we can finally put him behind us

7. Hoffa

He didn't have to live up (or down) to their expectations, but he proved them all right.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

What the hell with the continuing jabs to "the market?"

Nashville didn't fail Adam Jones, Adam Jones failed Nashville.

If Adam Jones stood up and said he was parting ways with his ghetto and street roots, then the FO could believe he was changing.
    The people of Nashville could perhaps give it a chance or believe it as well.

He was a defiant snot to Nashville instead.

It wasn't until he got away from the people that gave him his first chance in the game that he started singing the right tune.
    That speaks volumes about his lack of character and maturity.

Don't baby the punk by offering the excuse that "It is just how Nashville is, they won't accept him." That is a crock.

If he acted like a responsible adult, he could have made the pro bowl last year, and helped us in the playoffs.
    As it is, he is just a kid trying to scheme his way out of trouble.
    The time for him to accept responsibility and change his ways was last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Cowboys can't win a playoff game let alone a Super Bowl. Besides, even if they won the NFC there's no way they beat the AFC Champs.
    I'm convinced that if Tony Dungy was this team's head coach Jones would have never been a Titan to begin with.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yeah. Because it's not like Dungy has any players in legal troubles or anything. [/sarcasm]

As for region bashing; eh, I know how this place is. We're behind about 10-15 years behind the rest of the nation when it comes to certain areas, and this happens to be one of them. I've lived here for 25 years almost. I've got family the same way as those I speak of. Not all Tennesseans are this way, but betting the majority is, is a safe bet.

Pacman is an idiot, but really that's the only thing he's been proven guilty of. Putting himself in to bad situations, and not learning from those. But if you ask half the fans here, and the typical casual fan - he's a cold blooded criminal that's been arrested 10 TIMES!!! Nevermind that charges were dropped on all of them, and many of the people calling him a "thug" had worse criminal records at his age.

Yes he's an idiot. Yes he does dumb things. But is he NEAR as bad as the Tennessee "media" and fans make him out to be? Not even close. He needed an area that is a bit more progressive (sad when it's texas :( ) and doesn't mind a bad-boy image. Sometimes I'm convinced the people here would rather have a 0-16 team of choir boys than a team like the Cowboys of the 90's. A Peter Sirmon over a Ray Lewis. A Drew Bennett over a T.O. And on and on...

Once again - half these kids are from poor areas, and have just been handed millions for being athletic. Some of them respond well to this. Some respond the opposite. Why are we surprised when their attitude problems get them in to trouble? And why do we act like we are in a place to judge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar