Saban's red flag...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

200 fantasy points for referencing JARTS!

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Batch had just fumbled the ball away at the exact same spot.. Maybe they only get three..
    Either way credit the loss to Saban (and Culpepper's horrid passing)

3. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Hey thanks!
    It did look like he was tossing one of those yard darts out there though...didn't it?
    It was a finesse toss.

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Saban as well as a few other coaches and players were on the field after he threw the red flag. He threw the flag well before the snap and one of the officials should have seen it. I guess next time he will learn to run up to the ref and throw it in his face. Saban got shafted there... I was really pullin for the Dolphins, too. Put that Steeler SB win behind us with an 0-1 for the squeelers. :grrhee:

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

More likely they run a more vanilla up the gut run maybe it takes them 3 plays to get it done and they run the clock out or to almost nothing. Him not getting it gave them a chance IMO.

6. smili

smili Starter

Saban has got to be more decisive - he even did a double take, started to toss it once and pulled it back, and then tossed it like he was tossing a quarter in a fountain. If you're going to wait to the last second to challenge at least get near a ref and/or do something to draw some attention.

It reminds me of the team that waited until a split second before the bal was hiked for a game winning field goal attempt - and trying to call a timeout right before the snap so the guy would go ahead with the kick it and then have to rekick it. Cutting it too close imho.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think he was trying to decide if it was worth it. There was a good chance they would score and run out the clock even more. I think it was one of those damn if you do damn if you don't choices

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, but if they'd challenged, maybe Parker would have ran the TD, and my fantasy team would be better off!

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He was waiting for the "go-ahead" from someone watching the replay. No coach wants to waste a timeout or review something that has no chance to be overturned.

If the TV cameras caught him throwing the flag, one of the MANY refs should have seen it. I think it was a case of no one stepping up. One of the refs saw it, the kick went off and then no one 'fessed up. As soon as one of the refs saw him walking with the red flag in his hand, he should have held up his hand and put the whistle in his mouth.

Or maybe J. Porter was giving out kisses to the refs as well.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar