Saban wanted the NY Gaints job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

He's well on his way as long as he stays on the same path to building his legacy as the best of all time at the college level. I don't know why he would want to leave.

But everyone's ego feels they have to prove themselves at the next level. Hence Pete Carroll, Dennis Erickson and even Chip Kelly.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe he is sick of living in Alabama

FWIW I do not think Saban could handle the NYC media

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yea hed be way better off anywhere but there

Im thinking 5 possible teams will be looking for HC's next year, go anywhere but NY

4. The Hammer

Could you imagine him having to go to the Met Gala and having to sit next to Lena Dunham then hear her complain that he did not want to have sex with her?

[​IMG]

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not sure anybody checked out the link. It's frikkin' Tom Arnold telling Paul Finebaum (AL redneck reality show host) that Saban "thought" about the giants job. C'mon people.

Saban IS a god in Alabama. Any salary offer to go elsewhere will be matched. His wife loves Tuscaloosa and he is on the verge of becoming irrefutably the greatest college head coach of all time. Saban is this generations "Bear" in Alabama. Saban isn't going anywhere until he has the championship record destroyed. Why would anybody in their right mind leave to start over if money won't ever be the temptation?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

good point, own college ball then maybe make the move back to the NFL

7. The Hammer

Ego

8. JCBRAVE

if his ego is so big hed probably not want to have to work his way up in the NFL again

stay put and be the king

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I don't see Saban leaving Alabama to coach somewhere else, especially not in the NFL.

Dude is two NCs from surpassing Bear Bryant and just turned 65. So let's say he three-peats on championships this go round and passes the Bear. That puts him at 66 years old. You guys think this guy is going to start over, or even attempt to come back to the NFL, at 66?

10. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

It's been said that Saban is not the best coach, but rather the best recruiter. Alabama has had the best recruiting class several years in a row now. It makes them a dominant team even with mediocre coaching. I'm not suggesting that Saban isn't a good coach, but on a level playing field (like the NFL), he would not be dominant.

And I agree that Alabama would not be outbid for his services. He's worth twice his salary to the Capstone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar