Ryan Mallett

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

He chokes under pressure. He'll fit right in.
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

You've probably watched 1 Ryan Mallett game in your lifetime, and your basing his entire career off 1 play from that 1 game..
  3. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

mallett has a great arm and great accuracy, but he is not a leader. i mean isnt that one of the reasons we are getting rid of VY. why draft a QB that has the same problem our soon to be former QB has
  4. TheSureThing

proof??

what I've read from people who claim to know Mallett is that he's a "natural leader"
  5. therealtrueblue

ive read plenty or arcticles that say mallett is not a true leader. i even remmber a quote from a scout saying "i have stuff on mallett that you wouldn't believe and i wouldn't touch him"

unfortunaly i do not have the link but you cant ignore all of the scouts and various talking heads talking about his "character concerns"
  6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

There have been numerous reports about Mallett's character. Many have said he is a me first player who puts himself before the team. That he is not a hard worker, and there are rumors out there about a cocaine addiction. He was my favorite QB in the draft until I started reading up on him. Now, of all the QBs likely to go in round 1, he has the most questions surrounding him.
  7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

8. TheSureThing

I've read the article. And nothing in it is concrete. It's ALL speculation/rumor/opinion.

Whether its true or not will no doubt come out when our team staff has a chance to interview and background check the kid. So I'm not going to sweat it, I just hope we don't pass him up if indeed nothing comes up.
  9. therealtrueblue

thats not the actual article i was talking about. the article i read was one one of the nfl mock draft cites. i cant remember which one it is though.
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No it's called in his career I can't remember him winning a big game. I have seen about 12 games that Mallett played in maybe a bit more not sure and yes he's a good QB but he's not a top 10 draft pick. Someone will pick him high though and when people compare him to Roethlisberger he will be a bust. All you have to do is pressure him up the middle and you beat him, it's no secret.
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.