Ryan Fitzpatrick released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 14, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

Locker is gonna go down and cw is gonna play about 9 games for us. He is gonna do much better than fitz, watch. The only way he doesnt play a lot this year is if we draft a qb.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Wonder how whiz feels about Tyler? If he likes him qb is done from a gm standpoint.

3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I think we should give Wilson a shot, honestly. I hope he tears it up in the preseason, since, if we don''t draft a QB, he's probably our best chance, if locker gets hurt, and he probably will.

Looking forward to seeing what Whitehurst can do, though. it'll be nice to see someone other than rusty smith in a titans jersey, for sure. :p

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

I may be wrong but i think locker will be great this year for us. if not he go bye bye:anon::coltssuck:

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm with you. I got a feeling about that kid.

6. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

He raised hell at Arkansas, Let's cut him loose and see what happens, he's gotta be at least sturdier than locker.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Fitz wasn't gonna win us a championship. Why keep him? Let's put his money elsewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Here's the thing...the minute Webster let Hasselbeck out the door we were screwed. Who knows if that was coordinated with Munch or not, but I certainly think we would have been in the playoff hunt had he been playing instead of Fritz. Water under the bridge. Anything that Whisenhunt is comfortable with I'm comfortable with at this point. I'm just glad pick six is gone. Whitehurst is entitled to a chance before we second guess this signing. I imagine they will be drafting a QB as well, so all you haters will have another Rusty to cheer for if Locker or Whitehurst have a rough start.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The truth is NFL teams live or die by their starting QB, NOT who their 2nd string guy is. If you are going into a season counting on your 2nd string guy you are in BIG trouble. Fitz was too expensive. Backups are a dime a dozen. Whiz likes Whitehurst for some reason so roll with it. Maybe he is very good at playing opposing QBs or is a great lockroom guy, a leader off the field. Chemistry is a big deal.

For those of you who say Locker is injury prone, well, we will know soon enough. He gets one more season. Pass or fail I imagine. It wont matter why. If he doesnt suceed he is gone. He can be good, he has shown that. Now if he can put it together .... who knows...

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We need him for a game or two late in the season when Locker goes down for a game. Say we're 7-5 and Locker goes down for two games.. would you rather have Fitzy or Whitey in there to keep us on track for the post season? The answer should be obvious. That's why losing Fitz could be a terrible thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar