Ryan Fitzpatrick released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 14, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who has potential a 31 year old scrub?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You guys who like this change were at the save Munch rallies right?

I mean why fire a coach who was saddled for 10 games with a rotten QB like Fitzy? How unfair. They should have given him a new 5 year deal.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

wtf is this even supposed to mean?

are you drinking?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

The fact is they never should have had Fitz to begin with. After his pics lose a couple games for us it's time to reset with a new backup.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I'll give your reply a 1 out of 0 stars

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I saw more of that scrub than I ever wanted to

after that home tarpkitty game Fitzpatrick was dead to me

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Quality starters are one thing. If there are any quality starting QB's anywhere, they are starting.

With Lockers history, I want the best backup QB we can get, and to think that CW is anything close to that, i dont see it.

The off season and draft are far from over. Ill wait until its over before getting too upset.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

You make a very good point about how the new rookie cap structure makes it much more palatable to take a stab at a QB early in the draft. The main goal of the head coach to ensure his longevity is to find a franchise QB. What gives Whiz the best chance to have a franchise QB in place by yr 2 of his coaching stint? Well drafting a QB early would give us that chance like you said. If we did go QB early then we would have 3 young QBs on the roster who were drafted in the top 4 rnds...Locker 1st, Wilson 4th, and then rookie. Can't give yourself much more of a chance to find that franchise guy.

I do not think that the Whitehurst signing impacts what we do in the draft though. I think Whiz wanted a guy who knows his system to be able to help teach the young guys.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I see what you're saying but like I said who else would we have brought in? There weren't many options better than Whitehurst or Fitzpatrick for that matter out there. Trust me I think it sucks we're rolling out there with Whitehurst as the #2 specially since Jake is injury prone but It's hard to be upset with the FO because there weren't any other viable options.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fitz sucks, but has stretches of playing well. When you dont ask him to do too much, he is serviceable. The problem is he was always asked to do too much. For a few games last season, a stretch that Fitz had, he was one of the better starting QB's in the league. Of course he came back down to reality.

What my problem is.... is that now Lockers backup, is a nobody. Someone who is a clip board holder, and the fan base on this board and how last year, everyone was whining about being content with mediocrity.... then have no problem with this signing. We signed "statistically" one of the worst Oline, a horrible backup QB that Fitz is better than, with an injury prone QB.

Who would I have signed over Oher? IDK, and I can live with it considering the situation. Who would I have signed over CW? No one, I would have kept the turnover machine. When you put Fitz in the right position, he can play football.

We already had that other option on the team.

Youre an optimist, thats great, I am too most of the time. However this is a retarded move, at this point. Those incentives, better be unrealistic incentives.

Maybe I should take this to the CW thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar