Ryan Fitzpatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

See this is what blows my mind. Fitz puts up the best 3 game streak of any titan QB ever yet theres no way he's the guy. Meanwhile Locker sucks it up every other week, breaks every other day, and has done nothing to show any promise at this point in his career, but there's still hope for him?

Stupid.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The dink and dunk passes and 1 yard runs just doesn't excite us.

If he can go to Indy and put up good numbers, then he can get my vote..

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

can we take a vote for a member name change? 'constantly stupid' would work nicely

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He's averaging 7.4 yards per attempt this season, INCLUDING his 2 god awful games where he was still getting in sync with the offense.

You know what Tom Brady's career average is for yards per attempt? 7.4.

Sorry, you have no idea what you're talking about LeBron.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Fitz has officially outplayed Locker. I know most of us were hoping Jake would be the future but It's hard to deny that Fitz has been better. While he wasn't amazing in his two starts while Jake was hurt I think we can understand why. First of all those games were against 2 of he best defenses in the league which cannot be overstated. Secondly, while he did throw some unforgivably bad passes he was farm from the reason we lost. Thirdly, during those starts he was still running a system better suited to Jake. Everyone had admitted that he was essentially "keeping the seat warm" for Jake, it's no coincidence to me that since Jake went down for good Fitz is playing better in a system that is more suited to his skill set. Fitz isn't the savior, just like Jake wasn't and I still want a QB taken REALLY early this year but I'm beginning to see Fitz as more of an asset than a liability.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This season as opposed for Brady's whole career? C'mon man..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes, the majority of posters here were little whiny butthurt babies when Locker went down and they took it out on Fitz.

No, Fitz is not a franchise QB.

That said I'm fine with Fitz as a stopgap. At least you can count on him to be healthy for more than 2 or 3 games at a time, which is a lot more than you can say about Jacob.

8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

The problem with Fitz is he can look awesome for a give period of time only to reemerge into an unstoppable turnover machine again. He lulls you in with a hot streak like this and then gives you a string of crap like we say earlier in the season.

If he could play like this all the time I'd definitely be thrilled to have him as our QB of the future but by looking at his track record I'm doubtful. Ask the Bills how easy it is to want to believe this guy is the answer. He fooled them enough to land a huge payday only to be disappointed in the end.

Don't fall for it I tell you, a tiger doesn't change his stripes....I hope I'm wrong and I hope he can play good enough to hold us off until a real long term solution is attainable but other than that I doubt he is the long term solution.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And you can say the exact same thing about Jake Locker. That's why they're both slightly above-average, at best.

10. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I have been impressed with Fitzy, has made some clutch throws and has kept plays and drives alive using his feet when necessary, but best of all no T/Os. We shall see what next week brings, but I do believe if the other "playmakers" on our O step up like they did today (Wright and Hunter and Nate a few times) we have a chance with Fitzy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar