Rusty Smith sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Derick Morgan will save us next year.

2. kwtitansfan

kwtitansfan Camp Fodder

Vince is the only QB that gives us a chance to win games in the next few years. Sure, we could continue with Rusty, but he won't be the play maker Vince is. We could go with Collins or another washed up average veteran QB, or we could draft one, but none equals winning seasons in the near future. I'm sick of everyone bashing on Vince for being a baby, but Cortland Finnegan can pull off players helmets and throw swings while walking off the field smiling and waving his hands and we call him "fiesty." What has Vince really done that has been all bad? Brandon Jacobs threw his helmet into fans, lots of players do it, but the media and Fisher are always on Vince's case. I want this team to win, but I am so sick of Fisher and his 4 game losing streak and everyone backing him in the media and calling Vince immature.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Vince wont be back this season though. Lets discuss all of that during the preseason.

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol at some of you...VY actually showed signs of life after his first start. Rusty just looked like a scared puppy out there, sh*tting himself all over the field once again.

And Vince was a 3rd overall pick who we had a little more patience for becuase of his potential. Rusty is a 6th round scrub from a scrub college that took Lagarette Blounts roster spot.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

One other thing....you treated him like Vince was treated??? You mean by that very vocal minority of VY haters who hated on him since he has been drafted? I thought that was stupid, and still do.

Why sink to that level?

7. TheSureThing

hopefully he starts the rest of the season for a better draft pick...thats the only thing we'll get out of him starting.

8. CheeseheadTitan

Few and far between, admittedly, BUT as the game went on he did seem to get more comfortable, and he did make a few good passes. Yes he threw two picks on the goal line, which was bad.

Everything I have read about him says that he works very hard to continuously improve himself. He certainly has alot of room for improvement, but I would like to see how he progresses next week vs. this week. VY is out and the season is over anyway...what other time is there than now to do this?

If he is still throwing picks off of his back foot at the end of the season, the experiment will be over, and we can move on.

9. TheSureThing

yeah after the Texans completed the action of pooping all over our defense (which was on the field all day due to ZERO offensive production) leading to a more relaxed defensive scheme, Rusty really came into his own.

Give me a break. He didn't show anything all game. Any scrub can wake up early and go to bed late practicing football all day long, and odds are they'll still be a scrub if they don't have what it takes. Rusty doesn't.

I'll go as far to say he is THE WORST quarterback to start a game this season. Name one worse than him.

10. CheeseheadTitan

Brian St. Pierre
    Jimmy Clausen
    Matt Moore

did I miss any Panther QBs here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar