Rusty Smith sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Good lord. Let's see a rookie QB who for, other than this week, has not taken a snap in practice all season on the road and his first start. Yeah, I really expected him to light it up, LOL. Honestly I didn't expect much from him at all so this is not a shocking outcome to me. The rest of the team played like crap as did Rusty but he does not deserve all the blame that is totally unfair.

2. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

I'm just treating him like Vince was treated. Vince went 8-4 his rookie year with a team that was at least as bad as this one. Do you think Rusty will win any games this year? I don't think so.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do not remember Vince sucks posts after his game with San Diego, and I do not remember the Vince hate getting this active until the end of his second season. I defended him actively up until last week.

2 years = 1 game....I think not.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I gave him slack already, but he showed me less than nothing today....Most of his completions he was throwing to someone else..he has NO accuracy, and his deep ball looks like a punt. VY in my opinion had good potential, I really don't see that from Rusty.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

meh, he\'s a rookie 6th round pick on a team that doesn\'t sound like they want to play. I\'m not going to get down on the guy.

Hopefully he starts for the rest of the season and we seem some improvement.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince stepped in and won rookie of the year.

You can see Rusty does not have the "It" factor. It doesn't take long. He's not doing anything out there to give you a sign of life. And often times his mistakes seem to turn into instant momentum for the other team. That's just a bad sign.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I do however think he should start the rest of the way. Simms has no future here. Collins has no future here. He's the only thing that could get better even it means we have a better third stringer. Which is all I ever see him being and that may be a stretch because the pile of dirt out played him today.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

With "slack" like this, I sure would hate to see what it is like to get thrown under the bus...

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

VY is currently a better player, but in defense of rusty:

It took Vince three years to learn how to pass, whereas we are ready to pass judgement after an emergency start in Rusty's rookie season.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If he showed me anything worth while today he would have far more slack, but he didn't...Tell me what he did well, ONE thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar