Rusty Smith sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Shortly after Dinger told him the next play was going to be a pass.

3. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

On the bright side since Vince is on IR, he can't come in to save Fisher's job (again)!

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

I hope Vince gets traded to another team. Too many Fisher guys in TN.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Smith must dip tobacco. He needs to scrub his bottom teeth. Yukkk.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've heard about how "football smart" Rusty is. I didn't really like hearing him try to prove to it in the post game comments:

"(on putting the frustrating plays behind him) “One of the main characteristics that a good quarterback has is amnesia, being able to forget about things that happened in the past, good and bad. You have to be able to get over things, bad and good.”

(on the first interception thrown from inside his end zone) “Yeah, that was a bad throw.”

(on the second interception, thrown inside the red zone) “One of the cardinal sins as a quarterback is flipping sides on a read and that is what I did.”

(on the offense’s frustration today) “We couldn’t stay on the field on 3rd downs. We didn’t build momentum and couldn’t stay ahead of the chains. Our defense was on the field too long and that was our fault. We didn’t stay on the field.”

(on what the Texans’ defense did to keep the Titans from throwing more deep balls) “If the defense is going to take away the deep throws, I’m not going to throw them and risk getting more interceptions. The farther the pass is, the lower the percentage is of it being completed.”

"

He sounds far too analytical. I realize it is completely unfair to evaluate him with his first start being a road-division game but I'm a little bit worried he doesn't play with enough "feel". I'm hoping his experience will allow him to play with a better blend of knowledge, instinct and "feel". He certainly sounds "football smart".

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Certainly a more interesting analysis than: "We didn't, um, do them things that, err, we need do to win the game." :lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar