Rusty Smith Commitment Level

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

It's going to be a three *** star rookie season.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't get your hopes up on this debut. We need to control the clock to have a chance against the Texans and Colts. We are going to see run, screen pass, TE in the flat. Occasional deep out, rare post/fly. I don't think they will trust Rusty with any slants, slant and go's or drag routes yet. Probably looking at 150 yds passing, 1 INT and maybe 1 TD. I'd be surprised if he's green-lighted for more than 2 shots downfield.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He took 4 deep shots in 1 Q alone Sunday. Against Houston's horrible secondary coupled with Dinger's love of Rusty and love of the deep shots I think we'll see a ton of them.

Given Fisher's status now he's going to want to showcase Rusty in an attempt to prove that he's been right about Vince. For better or worse Sunday will be the Rusty Smith show, and with both defenses looking sad I expect both teams to push 300 yards passing. Probably multiple TDs and INTs for Rusty.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fisher goes out of his way to praise Rusty's work ethic and preparation.

"It's been a little unsettling," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We've had changes in three of the last four games with Vince and Kerry. Now we've got another one. But I'm excited for Rusty because Rusty knows what to do.

"Rusty understands the offense. There will be some growing pains with him a little bit. But Rusty was in here at 7 o'clock this morning. I think Rusty will be successful."

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Uh, I'm pretty sure they confirmed yesterday that Vince "opted" to go open his steakhouse vs. being with the team - preparing mentally for the game and so on. Apologize away but he's he's done similar many times. Doesn't show "team - first" by any stretch of the word.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I LOL'd so hard at that one!

7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

:D:eek::D That's funny!!

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It's stuff like this that keeps costanutso off my ignore list. Facts schmacts costanutso is gonna state his opinion no matter how illinformed & delusional.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If Rusty plays great and we win sunday............KFC will be the starter when healthy and that is where I have a problem. Hats off to Rusty he sees 84 and knows he is a hall of famer and tries to get him the ball unlike VY or KFC. When Moss blows up will fisher be responsible for that at all? We dont start throwing him the ball he is gonna blow up

10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I like the kid already, I've always said the average person out there can get outworked or out hustled because the average person out there is lazy and content. I'd rather have a guy with less talent and ability but is smart and hard working any day. Kind of like Finnegan, a seventh round, picked over and underestimated over achiever! Now look, hard work always wins out over lazy, uninspired talent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar