Ruston Webster will turn us around in 2 years

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Just the year before last we went 9-7 with Hasselbeck of all people and were very competitive in most of the games. We beat the Ravens and had a legitimate chance to win against the Saints, Falcons, and Bengals. Also lost cheap ones to the Jags and Colts. Damian Williams was our #2 receiver and Britt was out for most of the season.

The line was obliterated last season and Locker was in his first year as a starter and was hurt most of the year. A lot of veterans didn't play up to what we're used from them. Kenny was 1 year out from a major ACL tear. Our rookies and 2nd year players looked very good and will continue to develop.

This offseason we were aggressive in free agency, very good in the draft, and filled all of the holes we had from the season before including one of the worst lines in the history of the team with 3 new interior pieces.

I have really high hopes for this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we made the playoffs. I'm always optimistic before the start of the season, but have never been this excited.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Have you guys forgotten last season!?! Munch looked like a clueless buffoon

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I do have high expectations and high hopes for this team this coming season. Although I have said that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that and the....

This year though, there is no excuse for this team. Our offense has a solid offensive line unless Warmack ***** the bed, even then it should still be good. We have good runningbacks, and a good receiving corps and decent tight ends. That being said, the only real questions mark is Locker. Can he play like he did the few times he went in as a rookie? Or will he **** the bed as well? It's all on his shoulders now.

The defense, has improved although I can't say how much. It would be nice to know what those safetys we brought in are going to bring to the table. Although with the addition of Gooden, I expect to see Ayers doing what he does best this season. Pinning his ears back and putting pressure on the passer.

Webster has done a great job improving this team. Our picks have been making sense and panning out for us. I can't wait to see how this season plays out for us, I honestly think we are going to surprise some people.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ I agree with what you said.

Everybody is saying things depend on Locker, but we also have Fitzy this year. If Locker sh*ts the bed then Fitzy will get his shot and he's not a bad QB. With all of the weapons we have we just need someone to get them the ball.

For some reason I have faith in Loggains and Williams is already proven. I just don't see us taking a step back this season honestly. Even with the schedule we have.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I am cautiously optimistic. Too many let downs to gulp the koolaide too soon. But, pessimism is destructive and nonproductive.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Yea everything that could have possibly gone wrong for us last year happened and we still ended up with a 6-10 record.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I seriously think with time and patience that Webster could lead us back to winning like we were during the '99 through '03 era.I see some really good moves being made both in free agency and the draft.Top to bottom it looks like we got one helluva roster starting to take shape.The biggest weakness to me unfortunately is the most important position and thats QB.If Locker struggles early they don't need to waste half the season waiting for him to get better they need to put the backup in there ASAP because if jobs including Munchak/Webster is on the line then you don't have time to wait and see if Locker will improve because he should be playing well with all the improvements that were made.I think this season we should be at least a wild card team and then if things are going good then next season the goal is to win the division.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I agree. The Mike Reinfedlt experiment was a disaster. Looks like we are back on track with Rusty.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I am very excited about what we have done this offseason, because it finally seems like we have a plan. But whatever we did this offseason was going to be an improvement to what was on the field last year. The number of games that we were just totally non-competitive in was ridiculous and I hold Munch accountable for a large portion of that. I am not sold on him as a coach by a long shot.

As has been stated earlier the best thing about this offseason is that even if Locker doesn't develop the way that we hope we should have the pieces in place to plug in a new QB. If Locker pans out then we are in really good shape to have a decent run for many years.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Also if for some reason Locker doesn't play very well do they give him six or seven games to turn things around like they did with Kerry Collins or do they give him a short period of time then stick Fitzpatrick in as starter????

After all jobs are on the line they don't have a lot of time to wait if Locker does have problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar