Running up the score?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Eddyc85, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we had our backup qb in for three quarters. not our fault the rams are just that awful.

jimmy johnson said it best.

"i can only coach my team, i can't coach the other side. i coached my team as hard as i could coach them, i had no control over the opponent. it's not my fault they weren't any good."

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Like I told the Rams fans. Was I pissed that the Patriots destroyed us? No, I was pissed we let them destroy us. Seems as if the Rams have developed a losers mentality that we should stop beating them because their not good enough.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The offense looked like it was satisfied as early as 17-0. It looked like they forgot all the fundamentals and went dead. I thought it was the right decision. It was a wake up call that we want more. I totally felt like that was the right thing to do at the time.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

Like someone on their board said, its a professional sport. Their job is to win and entertain their fans, who eventually pay their salary. If this was college or high school, I fully agree with taking mercy on a weaker team.

But come on, this is your job. If someone's doing a better job than you in any other field of work, they won't show mercy to a competitor, they'd keep plugging away. If your team allows it, what's wrong with beating someone 70-0? 100-0? Nothing. If anything it makes their Coach/Owner more aware of how bad their team is and that they need to change something.

The only people that have the right to get mad at that decision are the winning team's fans for the risk of a starter getting hurt when the game has already been won. You didn't see us complaining about getting blown out 59-0. I'm kinda glad they did, cause if they had let us keep it close we wouldn't have been as embarrassed.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

plus that 5th topping will taste all the better knowing everyone in St.Louis, and for some reason 1 guy in Houston, is pissed about it - lol

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

RIGHT on the MONEY.

I didn't get mad at the pats once I heard the scores...I was mad at our team....that's how it should be ;p

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

of course he ran up the score....how else would they score 47 points?

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

feels weird being on the other side of these things..

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love not feeling sick midway through the 4th. I wish we could win more often this way. I saw Collins and then I did feel sick, but he did okay. Getting 47 was to make up for those 59 points we gave to the Pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar