running game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think VY is choosing not to run it now, when he could, because his ego is trying to disprove all the people who are saying he can't pass.
    But so far, he's only proving them right...

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

CB is probably a solid backup for the rest of his career.

I've yet to be very impressed with LW since he's been a Pro.

This run game is not as good as last year with the same line. Get a better RB, and the run game will improve. That's not the only factor, but I think it's the biggest factor.

Even if we have speed with Brown, and power (sort of) with White, there's only one ball. That combo can only be so good. We don't have a do it all, Pro Bowl type back. I'd love a back like that.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We should have given SD what they wanted for Turner.

4. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I agree with you and this was a perfect game to do it. You have to keep feeding him the rock and let him try and get into some kind of groove. VY definitely needs to remember he can run. Its getting rediculous watching him sit back there till people are hanging all over him.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Let's just remember, coming into the season, we we're all basically saying we have Vince and nothing else. It's probably true. Vince has just given us hope by making everyone else better. And he will continue to do that, but he may very well be surrounded by a bunch of clowns. We may never know.

6. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I know what you're saying, we wouldn't be winning games if it wasn't for Vince Young. But I think we have talent outside of Vince. Vince had a very off game today and our team as a whole won the game. I defiantly believe we could have some improvements all around. But I think they all should be doing better next week (I hope)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what would be the point of that? he has a better shot of busting his pants than breaking 75 yards.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't blame the RBs!

When opposing DTs are grabbing the backs as soon as they get the ball. Look at chris brown's TD run. Our middle guys, center and guards are not getting it done the last 3 weeks on run plays.

Our defense is dominant inside but our offense is not.. It also doesn't help that defenses have little regard for our downfield passing game. Teams feel like they can blitz all they want, put 9 men in the box. We need to shake them of that.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for sure there are many times when there r definate holes for chunks of yardage....and i no vince sees it...but a lot of times he doesnt take it....he needs to run more...when he does...they will start to worry about it more and that will def open up some players.

i am so happy we won....i think we deserve a 3-1 record this yr for our play...but if we play like that again i will be very dissapointed...it'll show that we really r not taht good...

BUT OUR D....TOP 5 IN THIS LEAGUE AS OF RIGHT NOW.....the fourth qtr again we showed up and stuffed em good

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO LW is a very average RB and looks slower than average on many plays. CB and LW simply didn't have much room and as Tide said until we stretch the field defenses have no reason to respect the pass and can stack the LOS. I do think VY needs to do more with his legs and not neccesarily with planned plays but with better improvising. I watched some of the Ravens game and although Mac isn't what he used to be I noticed how smooth he still is rolling to one side and throwing on the run. The defensive startegy, stack the LOS and keep contain. VY in the pocket is not even average and right now he isn't making plays with his legs often enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar