running game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

first off congrats to us on the win.. .
    defense was stellar... good job
    but wtf mate... what has happened to our running game?
    our stats have been padded by the jax game. since then, what have we really done?
    vince threw some stupid balls... getting beetter at the short routes though...
    but what the crap is wrong with our running game?

it seems to me that most teams are putting the safety in the box against us... basically giving them a quicker but weaker LB. if we had a real deep threat this could be avoided.

but still... i am far from impressed with anything we've got going running the ball

give me reasons...
    should vince run more to make them respect his playactions?
    should we just keep pounding it until they have to follow the RB then pass?

give me some positive answers or something because even if we win out the rest of the year... if games are like this i will never be impressed... falcons are terrible... and we looked on their level

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Until Vince Young starts being a running threat again, our running game will struggle. He's so worried about being a "passer" that he AVOIDS using his legs. The guy has many chances to make something happen, and he doesn't because of some dumb label he's trying to shrug off.

Vince scares nobody with his arm, and 20 yards a game rushing isn't going to scare anyone either. So right now, he's about as efficient as Matt Leinart would have been.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

totally agree.... i guee papamac told him not to run as much... maybe make his career last... but he's losing his best running years right now

4. The titans passed too much today, Young isn't the type to throw over 30 passes, keep it at a 22 average, and run the ball...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah, the playcalling didn't make a whole lot of sense there towards the end.. trying to pass the ball everywhere when we should have just given it to White or Brown and pounded the DLine of ATL

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not true, it was very scary for Titan fans everytime he dropped back.

That INT he flipped over to Atlanta's lineman instead of taking a sack was a college freshman mistake.

7. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Its hard to run the ball when you can't throw it.....didn't take the opposition long to figure this out..its going to take Vince a few years to get as good as he thinks he is.....meanwhile everyone will play the run and make him throw.

8. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

Those pass plays actually give Vince more chances to improvise with his legs when things break down. It's just a matter of him using those chances.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

We gave up on LenDale after the fumble, if this guy is gonna be our back, we have to see where were at, I think he needs 25 a game. Chris Brown is not the answer. Vy also has to remember he can run it and not have to pass it every time

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

As long as VY is a part of running the ball.

Chow has to wake up and begin to use him in that part of the game more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar