Running game should be a strength by midseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

With Cobb coming off IR (believe it's 8 games) around midseason, and Terrance West having several weeks to get the playbook down, this offense could reach a whole 'nother level, IMHO.

Cobb and West are our best RB's by far, and both play with power....something we are sorely lacking with Sankey and DMC. Plus DGB is getting better and better every week...so, I'm expecting to see this offense to get really hot around that time.

We're going to need it with this average defense.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Almost forgot and Cobb and West....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not much West after he gave the rock back to his stain buddies in Cleveland

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

West is in the doghouse after 2 fumbles in 2 games.....he was inactive last game. David Cobb will be a little rusty, but he probably is our best RB at this time.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our running game will never be a strength. We have 4 No.2 RB's, one of the worst OLines in the league, and Whiz calling the plays.

We'll be lucky to have one guy with 500-yards...

• Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • Cheers x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

West really was not that impressive last season in Cleveland either, so I do not see a huge upside with him. My guess is that he is not around terribly long....maybe hangs on this season, but gone by opening day next season IMO.

This is likely going to be a lost season for Cobb. A rookie coming back in week 8-9 will likely not be too effective until closer to the end of the season. That said, I like his upside....for the coming seasons more than this season.

7. JCBRAVE

Talent wise West is on par with all the rest of them, he's shown flashes of being really good last year.

If all we're asking of him is 10-15 plays a week he could be really good. His issues come when you put a full workload on him, but when him and Isiah Crowell split the carries 50/50 he was effective...

8. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Our best runner on the team has only run the ball 5 times - Mariota

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

I truly hope this doesn't turn out to be the case

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

West's problem is more the fumbleitis than it is the playbook. I don't mind giving him one more chance but if the fumbles start showing up again I'd be done with him. Sucks cause I really liked that trade when we made it.

Cobb is totally unproven in this league, so to say he is our best RB is quite the stretch imo.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar