Rumor: Fisher to the Texans for compensation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think that is a good analogy. "salary cap rebuilding" times is no molehill.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

The irony there is that going into the season this year they were both in the top half among all coaches...I think Jeff's record is "worse" but either man has done well over time. That's a case of statisical manipulation IMO.

I don't know where they currently ranks as of the end of 2005 regular season. If I was Team X in need of a coach and Fish and Mad Scientist were both available, I'd go with Fisher, even if he is a bit conservative.

3. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

Good summation.

4. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Since this thread was highjacked long before I jumped in here, I will chime in with my 2 cents. Fisher is still a good coach and YES, Schwartz is even a very capable (some might even say good) D-Coordinator. The problem has been with the talent...mainly on the D-line and especially safety...maybe add a speedy LB too...keep KVB, Haynesworth stays healthy, and it's a whole different team. :winker:

5. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Kubiak has a pretty solid history working with QBs, too. I'd like to see the Texans get him, get the offense and Carr straightened out and get back into contention (right behind the Titans, of course).

6. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

For weeks, speculation has persisted that Jeff Fisher would leave the Titans for the Rams or Texans. He will not.

Fisher has one year and an option year remaining on a contract that makes him one of the NFL's top-paid coaches. Fisher has said he is not even thinking about leaving, even if there are some connected to the Titans organization that might not mind making a change.

Titans owner Bud Adams, if he desires, can opt to keep Fisher through the 2007 season. A decision on Fisher's future will be made after next season, but the decision on this one already has been made. Tennessee will not be searching for a new head coach this winter.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks coltman18, I hope that's right.

(I hope this thread ends soon as well.)

8. Wrong Summation! When you find a scapegoat ride it, right... wrong. There was a lot more wrong with the Titans and with overall selections, period. After this offseason, his first non-injured one, you'll see just how much hard work and heart combined with natural ability will contribute to the explosion that is coming next camp. Just make sure you sum that up right. Out.

9. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I touched a nerve that I didn't mean to touch. The thought that was running through my mind when I posted that comment was, "How many Pro Bowlers out of all those choices, so far..." The ONLY thing I disagree with Andre Woolfolk on is his desire to play corner. I think the nickel back position is changing and he could make it really special. But that's my opinion. I understand that most of his injuries have been caused by teammate's play. You could theorize that Andre would have been better off had he been drafted by another team. But Andre is here. And I'm glad we have him. I just wish, like Andre himself, that he have a healthy, successful career. I will further state that I will not knowingly throw mud at anyone. That ain't my style.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]
    Uh oh... this just in...
    ...chatter indicates gotitans thread has been hijacked.
    action is met with complete apathy...

all is well...

(there ain't nuthing like a Sooner with sumthin' to prove :winker:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar