Ruby Package (3-2-6) for Titans D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 30, 2012.

?
  1. (Klug, Casey, Morgan) - (Colin, Wimbley) - (Hawk, ATV, JMac) - (Grif - Tommie - Babs)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. (Morgan, Martin, Wimbley) - (Colin, Zach) - (Tommie, ATV, JMac) - (Grif, Martin, Babs)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. (Morgan, Casey, Klug) - (Colin, Ayers) - (Hawk, ATV, JMac) - (Grif, Zach, Babs)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Other... (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

said that it isn't necessarily putting the best defenders on the field. It is who would best fit into that formation IMO. I chose to put Smith in there because while he did suck at a 4-3 DT, he did pretty well in KC as a 3-4 NT. His problem here is that he didn't penetrate. He was taught to hold the POA in the 3-4 D, and he had trouble adjusting. I am saying with 3 down lineman we should approach it more like a 3-4 D. Smith has experience holding his spot and eating up blockers in the 3-4 so I put him in there. We don't really have anyone else with that experience. The only other options would be Casey/Martin really.

I really like the addition of Wimbley to the team, but in this hypothetical situation, I don't see him as much of a fit. In a typical 3-4 he is a pass rushing LB ... that is what he did in Oakland. In this case though, you don't really have those pass rushing LBs. Since there were only 2 spots available for LBs I used guys that play LB every down and can offer more of what the traditional LB offers.

In real life (cause I doubt we ever really run this, and in my original post even said that I wouldn't want to run this package very often at all) I would stick with the 4-3 base D, and use Wimbley - Casey - Martin - Morgan on the DL. I think that is the best option, but I was just thinking what I would do in the case of the 3-2-6 formation.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd rather run a more traditional 34 front than that.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I agree, I don't really like this "Ruby" defense ... I think it is kinda dumb. I was just taking a more hypothetical just for fun approach and see what the best I could come up with in that situation. In real life I would probably never run the Ruby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar