Roydell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I mean, If Roydell gets the #1 spot and Excels, I will be really happy. But I really doubt it. Then again I'm no coach.

2. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

i've read in the DNJ where he has exceled over the other WSR is minicamp. but it is minicamp.....

3. Nine

Nine Starter

I can name several plays where Roydell was very impressive, making plays that most WR's wouldn't make.

Unfortunately, the only play anyone remembers is that one drop against the Saints last preseason.

I doubt his numbers will look great on paper, but I'll bet he ends up with 5-6 TD's, and establishes himself as a legitimate big play threat.

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I still remember Mel Kiper calling Roydell the steal and sleeper of the draft two years ago...

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I think Kiper has no idea what he is talking about most of the time.

6. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

I have always liked Roydell. I remember him making some good catches his rookie year in traffic and taking hits. You could tell he has skills. I just hope he can stay healthy.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Roydell has great hands, actually. And he holds onto the ball when he gets hit. He made a fantastic grab last season on the sidelines as Vince lobbed it into coverage.

Roydell is known for his hands. He drops one pass and suddenly everyone thinks he can't catch. Anyone remember Harrison dropping an easy pass when we played the Colts last year? He did. You don't remember it because you know he has great hands. Roydell just needs a chance to prove himself...glad he's getting it.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know is he and Roby were the 1st team WRs AND they looked the best of the bunch (better than Jones or Moulds) in the first practice. Obviously that could change but that is good news anyway you slice it. Fisher is looking for guys to step up and I appreciate the fact he isn't having guys automatically (based on what he believes instead of what he sees) getting jobs and is letting the guys fight for the starting spots. Roby looked fantastic to me, very fast yet under control with nice routes and good hands. Moulds has technique and hands but nothing close to the explosiveness of Roby and Williams yesterday. Jones looks a little slowed for some reason, not sure why but he didn't have the same explosion Willaims and Roby had. Williams and Roby looked more the like Derrick Mason looked when he practiced.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I am just going to sit back, and read the reports of TC and see what happens. We can speculate all we want now, but I think there are quite a few who can win the starting wr spots.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, i remember when Joey Kent was the twinkle of camp ....
    he was released shortly thereafter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar